Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,111
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    SCseminole
    Newest Member
    SCseminole
    Joined

Potential Major Noreaster 10-26 through 10-27


ineedsnow
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Wife's boss lives in Marshfield and he says it's a mess where they are.  Lives on opposite side of the marsh just SW of Humarock off Ferry St.

Yep, I know where that is. I can confirm it is a mess. Roads closed all over still including 3A. I'm still at my parents. The damage is remarkable.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The siege has finally been broken in our hood as the tree crews arrived this morning..you would not believe the scene here, looked like a warzone with at least a couple dozen large trees down and numerous wires just smashed. Def saw a couple low flying choppers probably assessing the damage and coordinating efforts..I can only imagine how long it’s going to take to get things up and running but we’re just grateful to have a sturdy genny for now taking care of the essentials. Freak storms like this really put things in perspective.  I’ll let tip handle the rest with his far superior grasp of the English language and literary skills lol.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Snowedin said:

The siege has finally been broken in our hood as the tree crews arrived this morning..you would not believe the scene here, looked like a warzone with at least a couple dozen large trees down and numerous wires just smashed. Def saw a couple low flying choppers probably assessing the damage and coordinating efforts..I can only imagine how long it’s going to take to get things up and running but we’re just grateful to have a sturdy genny for now taking care of the essentials. Freak storms like this really put things in perspective.  I’ll let tip handle the rest with his far superior grasp of the English language and literary skills lol.

 

You have pics? I came down 123 and it was remarkable. Tried to turn down to union st in Marshfield and road closed. 3A closed still. This is the scene still.

 

 

CA3235C5-CC13-4EF0-8F0E-BC92AFF2E17A.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Playing with semantics but this was basically a Cat 1 hurricane, minus the actual name.

Absolutely agree. Such an impressive system.

1 hour ago, Snowedin said:

The siege has finally been broken in our hood as the tree crews arrived this morning..you would not believe the scene here, looked like a warzone with at least a couple dozen large trees down and numerous wires just smashed. Def saw a couple low flying choppers probably assessing the damage and coordinating efforts..I can only imagine how long it’s going to take to get things up and running but we’re just grateful to have a sturdy genny for now taking care of the essentials. Freak storms like this really put things in perspective.  I’ll let tip handle the rest with his far superior grasp of the English language and literary skills lol.

 

Glad you and your family are ok. You’re right. Natural disasters like this—truly damaging events—put things in perspective quickly.

27 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You have pics? I came down 123 and it was remarkable. Tried to turn down to union st in Marshfield and road closed. 3A closed still. This is the scene still.

 

 

CA3235C5-CC13-4EF0-8F0E-BC92AFF2E17A.jpeg

The only regret I have is not taking more time yesterday morning to survey the damage. Too busy rushing back to work lol. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The length of time you were out is not that bad at all my man.

Well, the amount of time he was without power is probably as much time as I've lost power in most of the 17 years I've lived here.  Same municipal power company.  We have a solid, reliable, affordable power company/grid but this storm caught them off guard. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The length of time you were out is not that bad at all my man.

 

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Well, the amount of time he was without power is probably as much time as I've lost power in most of the 17 years I've lived here.  Same municipal power company.  We have a solid, reliable, affordable power company/grid but this storm caught them off guard. 

This… I guess it’s all about perspective. I’ve never lost power for more than a few hours in my 27 years being in the TMLP service area. I was out for nearly 40 hours, which is unprecedented for this service area. They dropped the ball, and they knew it, frantically calling in out of state municipal power agencies to assist 

  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You have pics? I came down 123 and it was remarkable. Tried to turn down to union st in Marshfield and road closed. 3A closed still. This is the scene still.

 

 

CA3235C5-CC13-4EF0-8F0E-BC92AFF2E17A.jpeg

Wow that’s incredible..yeah I do but nothing wants to load right now with the terrible hotspot connection I’m on. Both power and internet were knocked out, which almost never happens. Lines and wire are still strewn about our street but at least the road is passable now. The south shore really took this on the nose, just crazy to see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

 

This… I guess it’s all about perspective. I’ve never lost power for more than a few hours in my 27 years being in the TMLP service area. I was out for nearly 40 hours, which is unprecedented for this service area. They dropped the ball, and they knew it, frantically calling in out of state municipal power agencies to assist 

40 hrs, the horrors...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You have pics? I came down 123 and it was remarkable. Tried to turn down to union st in Marshfield and road closed. 3A closed still. This is the scene still.

 

 

CA3235C5-CC13-4EF0-8F0E-BC92AFF2E17A.jpeg

Damn.  That's like microburst straightline wind style but from a synoptic storm.  October has been a damaging month over the years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Didn’t know you guys had municipal power up there. Taunton municipal lighting plant called in backup from Stowe.

Yeah, Stowe Electric is great.  Stowe Cable too.  Very responsive municipal utilities around here to be honest, especially for the mountain topography, weather and remoteness of transmission lines.  They are used to cutting up trees.  Highly funded Vermont town utility company, great response time and skill.  That's my google review.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...