• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Elarey7
    Newest Member
    Elarey7
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Ik it was posted in main thread…. But the low looks to be Way down over Mobile Bay/Pensacola…. HRRR at current time had The Low up around Selma/Montgomery AL…. Umm that’s a tad off unless I’m looking at it wrong (I am new) but if I’m not the Hrrr initialized about 50 miles too far N than the surface …. What that means for us later is TBD but interesting to me

• Like 1

Ik it was posted in main thread…. But the low looks to be Way down over Mobile Bay/Pensacola…. HRRR at current time had The Low up around Selma/Montgomery AL…. Umm that’s a tad off unless I’m looking at it wrong (I am new) but if I’m not the Hrrr initialized about 50 miles too far N than the surface …. What that means for us later is TBD but interesting to me
Yeah the HRRR initialization looks pretty bad currently comparing to SPC meso.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MotoWeatherman said:

Down here at the beginning of the Apps in Dahlonega GA.

Light snow 

Temp is 35.0 and falling

Came through BE today and it was packed…had a job up on Beech.  Backside roads near Buckeye area (Old Beech) were in poor condition already. 
Eerily quiet here just North of Boone, 24 and it’s a coming… 

• Like 1

I’ll be honest, I’m. Bit drunk at ale house in Boone, but everything I’ve looked at says we “should” hit the upper limits of NWS forecasts. Not necessarily GFS runs, but got a good feeling, I’ll be checking in at 5 am, good luck to the southern posters as they get hit first. 

• Haha 2

This backside deal looks more and more impressive!  Just not super excited for the winds when this rolls out…they’re gonna be brutal here imby! 
Steady light snow atm, here in Meat Camp, E side of Elk Knob at 3664’…21 and gonna surprise the fam this morning with some cheesy sausage balls.   

Mesoscale Discussion 0072 NWS Storm Prediction Center Norman OK 0302 AM CST Sun Jan 16 2022 Areas affected...Southern Appalachians...North Carolina and Virginia Piedmont Concerning...Heavy snow Valid 160902Z - 161500Z SUMMARY...Snowfall rates exceeding one inch per hour will be possible across parts of the southern Appalachian Mountains this morning. DISCUSSION...The latest water vapor-imagery shows an upper-level low moving eastward across the lower Mississippi Valley. Ahead of the low, mid-level moisture is streaming northeastward across Tennessee, Georgia and the Carolinas, where widespread precipitation is ongoing. Surface temperatures within the area of precipitation are mostly above freezing. The exception is along the northern edge of the precipitation from northern South Carolina into western North Carolina where surface temperatures have dropped to near or just below freezing. In response, precipitation has changed over to snow across much of the southern Appalachians, especially from the Appalachian crest eastward. As the upper-level low moves eastward across the central Gulf Coast states, large-scale ascent will increase across the southern Appalachians. In response, bands of heavy snowfall will likely develop. Snowfall rates could exceed one inch per hour from far northeast Georgia into the western Carolinas and far eastern Tennessee. Later this morning, heavy snow will also be possible in western Virginia. ..Broyles/Edwards.. 01/16/2022 ...Please see www.spc.noaa.gov for graphic product... ATTN...WFO...RAH...RNK...GSP...MRX...FFC...

FJNk2cOVcAEIjTy.jpeg

• Like 3