Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,915
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    seodirect
    Newest Member
    seodirect
    Joined

September Banter 2021


George BM
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

You stayed inside the lines too! Good job!

Here is the code for it the part at the very bottom is the border I made to (hopefully?) make it look like a painting, this was all we learned in four weeks. It is a slow class. Also learned nothing of any real world value.  

Rect(0,0,400, 400, fill=gradient('lightYellow', 'darkOrange', 'darkRed','darkSlateBlue', start='top'))
Oval(165,300,140,130,fill='yellow', opacity=20)
Circle(165,300,40, fill=rgb(253,255,107), border=rgb(255,215,80))
Circle(165,300,60, fill=None , border=rgb(255,215,80), dashes=(4, 15), borderWidth=15)
Polygon(0,0 ,400,0, 250,110 ,90,170,165,210,0,210,fill=gradient('lightGrey', 'silver','grey','black', start='top') , opacity=70)
Polygon(200,300, 310,80, 600,400, 165, 400, fill=gradient('white', 'black', start='top'))
Polygon(200,300, 380,50, 600,400, 165, 400, fill=gradient('white', 'black', start='top'))
Polygon(250,250,350,200, 600,270,265,340, fill=gradient('grey', 'black', start='top'))
Polygon(150,400,240,180, 370,270,265,340, fill=gradient('darkGrey', 'black', start='top'))
Polygon(165,290, 250,250, 350,260,265,340, fill=gradient('forestGreen','darkGreen', start='bottom'))
Polygon(0,290, 80,270,165,290, 265,340, 400,400, 0,400, fill=gradient('forestGreen','darkGreen', start='top'))
Polygon(165,400,265,330, 350,260,400,240, 400,400, fill=gradient('forestGreen','Green', start='top'))
Polygon(0,210,165,210, 50,400 ,0,400, fill=gradient('darkBlue', 'lightBlue', start='top'), opacity=30)
Polygon(0,210,165,210, 80,270 ,0,290, fill=gradient('darkBlue', 'lightBlue', start='top'), opacity=30)
Line(250,110, 255,130, fill='yellow', opacity=60)
Line(250,110, 255,130, fill='yellow', opacity=20, lineWidth=5)
Line(250,110, 255,130, fill='yellow', opacity=10, lineWidth=10)
Line(250,105, 255,130, fill='yellow', opacity=5, lineWidth=20)
# second lightning 
Line(255,130, 240,180, fill='yellow', opacity=60)
Line(255,130, 240,180, fill='yellow', opacity=20, lineWidth=5)
Line(255,130, 240,180, fill='yellow', opacity=10, lineWidth=10)
Line(255,130, 240,180, fill='yellow', opacity=5, lineWidth=20)
# Third Bolt
Line(255,130, 280,150, fill='yellow', opacity=60)
Line(255,130, 280,150, fill='yellow', opacity=20, lineWidth=5)
Line(255,130, 280,150, fill='yellow', opacity=10, lineWidth=10)
Line(255,130, 280,150, fill='yellow', opacity=5, lineWidth=20)

# Border

Rect(0,0, 400,400, fill=None, border='black', borderWidth=10)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

It is fun to crap on Kirk, but he led game-winning type drives in both games this season, only to see his star RB “fumble” (air quotes because the booth f-d up the review) and his kicker miss.

TBH I still wish he had signed with the WTFs and at least given us stability there.  He sure isn't the one costing y'all games lately.  52 other players.  Ask the D why those AZ WRs were so WFO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Here is the code for it the part at the very bottom is the border I made to (hopefully?) make it look like a painting, this was all we learned in four weeks. It is a slow class. Also learned nothing of any real world value.  

Rect(0,0,400, 400, fill=gradient('lightYellow', 'darkOrange', 'darkRed','darkSlateBlue', start='top'))
Oval(165,300,140,130,fill='yellow', opacity=20)
Circle(165,300,40, fill=rgb(253,255,107), border=rgb(255,215,80))
Circle(165,300,60, fill=None , border=rgb(255,215,80), dashes=(4, 15), borderWidth=15)
Polygon(0,0 ,400,0, 250,110 ,90,170,165,210,0,210,fill=gradient('lightGrey', 'silver','grey','black', start='top') , opacity=70)
Polygon(200,300, 310,80, 600,400, 165, 400, fill=gradient('white', 'black', start='top'))
Polygon(200,300, 380,50, 600,400, 165, 400, fill=gradient('white', 'black', start='top'))
Polygon(250,250,350,200, 600,270,265,340, fill=gradient('grey', 'black', start='top'))
Polygon(150,400,240,180, 370,270,265,340, fill=gradient('darkGrey', 'black', start='top'))
Polygon(165,290, 250,250, 350,260,265,340, fill=gradient('forestGreen','darkGreen', start='bottom'))
Polygon(0,290, 80,270,165,290, 265,340, 400,400, 0,400, fill=gradient('forestGreen','darkGreen', start='top'))
Polygon(165,400,265,330, 350,260,400,240, 400,400, fill=gradient('forestGreen','Green', start='top'))
Polygon(0,210,165,210, 50,400 ,0,400, fill=gradient('darkBlue', 'lightBlue', start='top'), opacity=30)
Polygon(0,210,165,210, 80,270 ,0,290, fill=gradient('darkBlue', 'lightBlue', start='top'), opacity=30)
Line(250,110, 255,130, fill='yellow', opacity=60)
Line(250,110, 255,130, fill='yellow', opacity=20, lineWidth=5)
Line(250,110, 255,130, fill='yellow', opacity=10, lineWidth=10)
Line(250,105, 255,130, fill='yellow', opacity=5, lineWidth=20)
# second lightning 
Line(255,130, 240,180, fill='yellow', opacity=60)
Line(255,130, 240,180, fill='yellow', opacity=20, lineWidth=5)
Line(255,130, 240,180, fill='yellow', opacity=10, lineWidth=10)
Line(255,130, 240,180, fill='yellow', opacity=5, lineWidth=20)
# Third Bolt
Line(255,130, 280,150, fill='yellow', opacity=60)
Line(255,130, 280,150, fill='yellow', opacity=20, lineWidth=5)
Line(255,130, 280,150, fill='yellow', opacity=10, lineWidth=10)
Line(255,130, 280,150, fill='yellow', opacity=5, lineWidth=20)

# Border

Rect(0,0, 400,400, fill=None, border='black', borderWidth=10)

Damn!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, H2O said:

TBH I still wish he had signed with the WTFs and at least given us stability there.  He sure isn't the one costing y'all games lately.  52 other players.  Ask the D why those AZ WRs were so WFO.

I agree. As a WFT fan I really liked Kirk Cousins and wished he would of stayed.

Too bad Bruce Allen thought his name was Curt. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I’m seeing highs  in the longer range in the 70s through the first few days of October.  This genuinely has been one of the warmest ends to summer transition to fall that I have ever experienced. That includes my 13 years in middle and western Tennessee.

DAILY NORMALS AND RECORDS FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER FOR WASHINGTON DC

DAILY TEMP NORMALS AND EXTREMES  GREATEST PRECIP FOR CALENDAR DAY

DY NMX NMN NPCP NS  RMX /YEAR LOMX/YEAR RMN /YEAR HIMN/YEAR MXPCP YEAR MXSN YEAR
01  74  56 0.11 0.0  93 /1941+ 56 /1899  36 /1899  73 /1954  2.27 1915 
02  73  56 0.10 0.0  98*/2019  52 /2011+ 33 /1899  73 /2019  1.74 1976 
03  73  55 0.11 0.0  92 /1879  53 /2011+ 35 /1899  73 /2019  1.92 1927 
04  72  55 0.11 0.0  94 /1954  56 /1998  34 /1974  74 /1941+ 3.98*1877 
05  72  55 0.11 0.0  96 /1941  53 /1948  37 /1935  74 /1898  2.53 1932   T  1892 
06  72  54 0.11 0.0  93 /1941  45 /1935  35 /1881  72 /1941  1.47 1957 
07  71  54 0.11 0.0  95 /1941  50 /1889  34 /1917  71 /2018+ 3.63 2005 
08  71  53 0.11 0.0  91 /2007  54 /1910+ 36 /1964+ 75*/2017  3.67 2005 
09  71  53 0.12 0.0  94 /2007  48 /1917  34 /1889  74 /2017  1.02 1977 
10  70  53 0.11 0.0  92 /1939  46 /1925  30 /1895  73 /2018  2.15 1971  0.3 1979 
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mattie g said:
DAILY NORMALS AND RECORDS FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER FOR WASHINGTON DC

DAILY TEMP NORMALS AND EXTREMES  GREATEST PRECIP FOR CALENDAR DAY

DY NMX NMN NPCP NS  RMX /YEAR LOMX/YEAR RMN /YEAR HIMN/YEAR MXPCP YEAR MXSN YEAR
01  74  56 0.11 0.0  93 /1941+ 56 /1899  36 /1899  73 /1954  2.27 1915 
02  73  56 0.10 0.0  98*/2019  52 /2011+ 33 /1899  73 /2019  1.74 1976 
03  73  55 0.11 0.0  92 /1879  53 /2011+ 35 /1899  73 /2019  1.92 1927 
04  72  55 0.11 0.0  94 /1954  56 /1998  34 /1974  74 /1941+ 3.98*1877 
05  72  55 0.11 0.0  96 /1941  53 /1948  37 /1935  74 /1898  2.53 1932   T  1892 
06  72  54 0.11 0.0  93 /1941  45 /1935  35 /1881  72 /1941  1.47 1957 
07  71  54 0.11 0.0  95 /1941  50 /1889  34 /1917  71 /2018+ 3.63 2005 
08  71  53 0.11 0.0  91 /2007  54 /1910+ 36 /1964+ 75*/2017  3.67 2005 
09  71  53 0.12 0.0  94 /2007  48 /1917  34 /1889  74 /2017  1.02 1977 
10  70  53 0.11 0.0  92 /1939  46 /1925  30 /1895  73 /2018  2.15 1971  0.3 1979 

 Not sure where all this heat talk is coming from. Your data backs that up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ll gladly take 70’s in early October, especially after the disaster just recently in 2019 when we had mid and upper 90’s the first few days of October.

https://weatherspark.com/h/d/147101/2019/10/2/Historical-Weather-on-Wednesday-October-2-2019-at-Baltimore-Washington-International-Airport-Maryland-United-States#Figures-Temperature

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

 Not sure where all this heat talk is coming from. Your data backs that up. 

Sure...it was warm last week, but I think that recency bias plays a big role in how people perceive future weather. I'm not arguing that we're not gaining temps on the margins on average, but I just don't think we can make grandiose statements about how abnormally warm it's been and is going to be based on what are essentially temps within a margin of error (for lack of a better term).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...