• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Henri: Moderate-Major impacts NYC subforum this weekend, possibly into Monday August 21-23, 2021

wdrag

38 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The 12z NAM has hurricane gusts over Eastern Long Island. Very tight core so strongest winds don’t  get far from center. This is one of the more compact systems to affect  our area. So the exact track is very important. 

For the love of God, the NAM shouldn't even be mentioned, much less have maps posted. 

You know less about a tropical system forecast after looking at the NAM than you did before.  It's literally negative (value) information. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The 12z NAM has hurricane gusts over Eastern Long Island. Very tight core so strongest winds don’t  get far from center. This is one of the more compact systems to affect  our area. So the exact track is very important. 

3B29BBA9-9145-4DE1-A2DB-4A95493336EC.thumb.gif.a57acb3fd8a26d8f2210a170aa4f8ea5.gif
3D07D358-5FDA-4DC5-A924-F374165D6D0C.thumb.gif.bf2ca27ec8a52516989a93179ab802ac.gif

what about direction after landfall, what if it keeps going NNW or NW'

Just now, bluewave said:

12z GFS is similar some of the other guidance indicating a potential   Eastern Long Island landfall.

3127103A-F46B-4258-8628-49B3FCAEB0BA.thumb.gif.568503bfae18634133bb1d73b4ee1184.gif

That’s a shift west. It’s been tracking it around Block Island or east before. I doubt the NJ landfalls we’re seeing on some models but an eastern Suffolk landfall looking more likely on Sun AM. At Jones Beach the high tide’s at 9:30AM Sun. Hopefully the speed can slow down so it comes in at low tide in the afternoon. HMON has been pretty consistent the last 2 runs in tracking it about over my head and HWRF takes it about over Shinnecock Canal. 

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

That’s a shift west. It’s been tracking it around Block Island or east before. I doubt the NJ landfalls we’re seeing on some models but an eastern Suffolk landfall looking more likely on Sun AM. At Jones Beach the high tide’s at 9:30AM Sun. Hopefully the speed can slow down so it comes in at low tide in the afternoon. HMON has been pretty consistent the last 2 runs in tracking it about over my head and HWRF takes it about over Shinnecock Canal. 

what do you think of an in between landfall, from about Jones Beach to Babylon?

Just now, dWave said:

Storm surge watch extend from LI and Southern Westchester into Bronx and Queens.

Odds 5 boro bike tour gets canceled...

They never do for rain even torrential but never had to deal with tropical systems since its usually in May.

I did the tour in '09 during a nasty coastal storm.  It wasn't fun.  I vowed to never do it again in the rain after that.  

• Like 1

• wdrag changed the title to Henri: Moderate-Major impacts NYC subforum this weekend, possibly into Monday August 21-23, 2021
  • Rjay unpinned this topic