Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

10 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Yeah sounds about right. Not a cat 1 hurricane or anything but enough to be disruptive out here.

I am getting trolled by the creep and many others and all I am doing is making an actual forecast based on my thoughts . Its possible I missed their forecasts in this thread , and if so, I’d ask if they could repost them . It’s an anomalous setup . If I’m wrong and they end up right with LF over CC.  Ok. I will admit it and tip my Yankees cap to them. As of now .. it’s strengthening and I have EPS in my corner .  I’m looking forward to a very fun, wild and exciting day of strong wind and rain tomorrow . That’s my thought process .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

This is a nuffin'-burger for here.  No wind.  No rain.  Next.

You're thinking no wind or rain? Hope you're right I left a couple saws in the woods figuring I would get an early start tomorrow. Seems it's sped up a bit and it's going to be raining early.

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Nah we focused on both. Flooding going to be an absolute disaster where it occurs…but in the grand scheme of things flooding won’t impact the number of people that power outages would. 

Meh power outages aren’t a huge deal. More inconvenience. Flooding is a structural issue or an asset issue like with cars.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Arent you fka ski sheep or am I thinking of someone else

He's out in Utah now, but we still collaborate at SCW. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

CT weenies focused on wind when rain could be a tremendous issue.

I know I probably talk about wind too much to some but I hit hydro hard last night in the first call and hitting it even harder tonight in the final. That's always been my biggest concern. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Meh power outages aren’t a huge deal. More inconvenience. Flooding is a structural issue or an asset issue like with cars.

Thing is we've had so many big extended power outages you can't blame us if we have a lot of concerns with that. Eversource is already priming us to get ready for another round depending on how bad this is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Try 8 days without power running a generator and tell me its not an asset issue. Of course floods are bad but Ct isn't Missouri either.

• Like 1

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Thing is we've had so many big extended power outages you can't blame us if we have a lot of concerns with that. Eversource is already priming us to get ready for another round depending on how bad this is. 

But if they are prepped it won’t be as bad. With flooding, you literally lose your assets. 

• Like 1

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic