• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

The mechanics of that appear too weak to produce that much QPF … perhaps owing to comparatively weaker synoptic forcing but in higher PWAT air mass, thus sensitive to triggering. It’s probably related why everything at that range ends up amplified in the EPS/operational version.  

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The mechanics of that appear too weak to produce that much QPF … perhaps owing to comparatively weaker synoptic forcing but in higher PWAT air mass, thus sensitive to triggering. It’s probably related why everything at that range ends up amplified in the EPS/operational version.  

Boundary nearby in juicy airmass. We wet.

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Boundary nearby in juicy airmass. We wet.

Heh.  It’s a CC rain event. 

all acts of anything falling from the sky since 1855 have gotten bigger. Lol

But yeah that’s why snow has been prodigious too. They said it’s all built in to the f* climate change/models - so weak kinematics get us too flooding. Nice !

flooding is cool ha 

Man … Does anyone know anything about window AC brackets or these ace braces ?

My main living area AC failed and need to get a new one but I also happen to get new upgraded modern vinyl window replacements that unfortunately are not AC- ready

Kind of pissed off actually.  I was clear that I needed them to be and then I got all these installed and they’re not f*n assholes. 

I’m just sick of being conned into buying shit that’s white-washed as what I need but it’s not quite right. Need a solution that is right for AC install into replacement windows 

what is used for this:

image.thumb.jpeg.4d1b508fedd4f7bc96760be0ce2e39d2.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

My main living area AC failed and need to get a new one but I also happen to get new upgraded modern vinyl window replacements that unfortunately are not AC- ready

Kind of pissed off actually.  I was clear that I needed them to be and then I got all these installed and they’re not f*n assholes. 

I’m just sick of being conned into buying shit that’s white-washed as what I need but it’s not quite right. Need a solution that is right for AC install into replacement windows 

what is used for this:

https://www.amazon.com/Soleus-Air-Exclusive-Conditioner-Putting/dp/B085P27VNF

As you can see there is no flat surface there to house or set the carriage of the AC unit.  

Thats an edge along the bottom of that window.

So whatever gets installed it has to be some other kind of threaded through the aperture of the window without actually really contacting the window or something. Somehow.  

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

As you can see there is no flat surface there to house or set the carriage of the AC unit.  

So whatever gets installed it has to be some other kind of threaded through the aperture of the window without actually really contacting the window or something. Somehow.  

• Exclusive design combines the benefits of a portable ac, window ac and mini-split ac into a simple format
  • Simply slide the saddle air conditioner over the window sill for a safe installation without any tools required or risks of the air conditioner falling out of the window. The maximum window sill clearance this unit will fit in is 11 inches. Fits windows 24" to 48" wide. Fits windows with a minimum of 16" height clearance.
  • Keep the view outside and full use of your window even after installation without having to remove the air conditioner
  • Activate the MyTemp sensor on the remote control and relax anywhere in the room while the air conditioner cools to your exact location
  • Save on energy costs with the 24-hour timer, energy saver mode, and sleep mode and rest easy knowing the air conditioner with automatically restart after a power interruption
  • Electronic controls and LCD remote control keep all of the industry-leading features at your fingertips
  • Washable and reusable filter for easy maintenance and extended product life
  • The maximum window sill clearance this unit will fit in is 11 inches.

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

what is used for this:

I’m confused, why won’t a window unit go in there?  The lower part holds it from slipping out and then you shut the window on top of the unit.  Gravity wants it to fall out of the window but that lower bracket/raised part forms the bottom and the top window shuts to seal the thing in place?  The ass end hangs outside.

• Like 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

I’m confused, why won’t a window unit with there?  The lower part holds it from slipping out and then you shut the window on top of the unit.  Gravity wants it to fall out of the window but that lower bracket/raised part forms the bottom and the top window shuts to seal the thing in place?

I was thinking the same thing. My windows are like that. You need a slight tilt so condensate drips out the back. 

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’m confused, why won’t a window unit go in there?  The lower part holds it from slipping out and then you shut the window on top of the unit.  Gravity wants it to fall out of the window but that lower bracket/raised part forms the bottom and the top window shuts to seal the thing in place?  The ass end hangs outside.

Yea I am not following either. No rain for me, how is Wetstock

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I’d put it in right on top of that little lip, then close the window and cut a piece of wood to put between the top of the now half open window and the top of the interior window casing, so you can’t move the window up or down. It sits funny (downward slope) but it won’t go anywhere. I had a similar issue.

Steve’s solution might still work - if I put a two by four along the outside sill that might make it flat enough.  

It would maybe be more secure too - I mean the one in there now that needs replacing you can just push that right in from the outside. I mean the inside edge is held up by the top window being closed over but the bottom is just teetering on the bottom edge of the window the whole thing is just fn stupidly sitting there. 

Probably should call her window company back and start complaining man because I was very clear about this oh you’ll be able to get an AC in there-how. It’s not obvious.

19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

The window hold it in and you screw the expansion sliders into place. My windows are similar, you also can bracket them

Yeah there’s a warranty on the windows - can’t screw into them. Probably should have mentioned that heh - sorry. 

that’s why I was researching online with these brackets

I’m not sure those are right either. it might be could be a simple solution where the bracket creates a flat surface and the AC on top of that.  I got to do lotta insulating around it though-I don’t know. 

I think most of these modern updated advanced hyper tech windows are intended to go into houses with central air. 

In any case the AC has to sort of be suspended through the window without actually damaging the window itself or marring like physically screwing screws into the sashing  - that’s really at the core of the issue

41 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Steve’s solution might still work - if I put a two by four along the outside sill that might make it flat enough.  

It would maybe be more secure too - I mean the one in there now that needs replacing you can just push that right in from the outside. I mean the inside edge is held up by the top window being closed over but the bottom is just teetering on the bottom edge of the window the whole thing is just fn stupidly sitting there. 

Probably should call her window company back and start complaining man because I was very clear about this oh you’ll be able to get an AC in there-how. It’s not obvious.

Before central I did what supernovice did but I nailed a smaller piece of wood on the two by four so when I put in the sill it laid flat. 

6 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

what is used for this:

Is that your “lawn”? Yikes 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

As wet as we
have been the first two weeks of July, am not seeing many days
without at least a chance for some showers and thunderstorms.
That said, not looking like a total washout this entire time.
The greatest risk for showers and thunderstorms will be during
the afternoon and evening hours each day.

Humidity will be on the high side, if not outright tropical at
times.