• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Disc/obs 2021

George BM

Epic rain rates.  Maxed out at 17" per hour!  Complete whiteout.  Couldn't see tree line less than 100 yards away.  The hail core just missed us to the north.  Mid-storm we had a sudden increase in winds, with gusts that looked to be in the 40-50 mph range.  Unfortunately, the wind-driven rain revealed a couple new leaks into our house.  :angry::snorkle:

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Storm heading into Price William County was just warned for gusts up to 60 mph. Might sit out on the still-unfinished porch when it rolls through in the next 30 minutes or so.

Crack a cold Other Half and watch the show! B)

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Epic rain rates.  Maxed out at 17" per hour!  Complete whiteout.  Couldn't see tree line less than 100 yards away.  The hail core just missed us to the north.  Mid-storm we had a sudden increase in winds, with gusts that looked to be in the 40-50 mph range.  Unfortunately, the wind-driven rain revealed a couple new leaks into our house.  :angry::snorkle:

ugh. sorry to hear. crazy rain rate though! 

Just now, mappy said:

ugh. sorry to hear. crazy rain rate though! 

Thanks.  I'm hoping it was just the extreme nature of the storm that revealed a new water intrusion path (my prime suspect is the flashing on our living room window), and not something that will leak with every rain storm.  I guess I'll be putting that theory to the test in the next 20 minutes...

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Thanks.  I'm hoping it was just the extreme nature of the storm that revealed a new water intrusion path (my prime suspect is the flashing on our living room window), and not something that will leak with every rain storm.  I guess I'll be putting that theory to the test in the next 20 minutes...

Good luck! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Interesting…not one clap of thunder with the cell that’s overhead right now. Really nice wind and decent rain.

Edit: First wind gust brought down a lot of cicada-induced flagging tree limbs.

And two minutes later, we’ve now had multiple lightning flashes/thunder.

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Lots of thunder. Initial stuff heading just to my NW, again. Lets see what this second line does. Might catch the edge of that one if it holds together.

I only got sprinkles for what its worth. Line formed too far to my south and despite its slow crawl north, just clipped me. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic