• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
wdrag

7 hours ago, qg_omega said:

Was at a friends house in Long Island yday and consensus was this is a cool summer so far, lack of 90 degree days

I live on Long Island. We’ve had like 15 90 degree days. Maybe on the south shore it’s been cool with the more southerly flow. But up on the north shore it has definitely not been “cool”.

2 hours ago, jfklganyc said:

There is a baseline normal.

We are using the baseline.

We didnt reference 1970-2000 baseline normals last year, no need to reference old baselines this year

Sure, but at the end of the period (2020) you would expect to see more AN months than in the beginning (2011).

Statistics play out that way. 2021 *should* be the coolest year relative to the 1990-2020 mean in the decade. By 2030, we will see more AN because it’s the end of the 10 year in a warning client.

it’s really easy math…

9 minutes ago, psv88 said:

I live on Long Island. We’ve had like 15 90 degree days. Maybe on the south shore it’s been cool with the more southerly flow. But up on the north shore it has definitely not been “cool”.

Most of them in June and south shore of course much much less

6 minutes ago, psv88 said:

I’ve had 17 90 degree days in NW Suffolk. High for the year was 98.

very cool I guess?

Some of the urban/metro and CNJ areas should add 3 or more 90 degree days by Aug 1, but it is a fine line with the strongest heat just south and between the hotter days N'rly flow will cool/dry the area.  ECM the opposite next week Aug 1 - 5 with one warm-hot day then some below normal days.  Its 7-10 days away so we will see how it trends and if the stronger heat can bring more mid 90s to the hotter spots Tue (7/27). 
It seems when the heat comes by way of the Western Atlantic Ridge building west, there is a period of normal to below when the ridge retreats east, thats what we are in now between the Rockies ridge and the W. aTl Ridge.  We'll see if EC ridging can make a come back and push the summer to the hotter side overall.

90 degree days are still on par with 2016/2012 tallies to this points so Junes big numbers helping in that department.  

2 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Most of them in June and south shore of course much much less

June is part of the summer no?

look at the difference between ISP and FRG for 90s and temp overall. There has been a huge difference on the island this summer. Many days ISP in the mid 80s areas NW on the isle in the 90s. 

I guess maybe southern state south has been cool?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Big difference as usual between our area and the south shore. Many days so far where we’re roasting near or over 90 but Captree’s in the mid 70s. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Intensewind002 said:

Seems like the storm is both crawling and weakening I thought it was going to be here already 

Not weakening nor getting stronger. Maintaining but like you said does seem like its slowing its movement. FF possible for W li..as noted by upton

• Like 1