Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Given ski area prices (and those of many other sports/games) I can see why.  But spending $3 for coffee and a donut at Sandy River Farm Supply down the road makes cash the simple answer.

I see people paying for small items with their cards, even a cup of coffee. Last year when we went on our fishing trip one of the guys didn't have a nickel on him and we needed cash to tip the mate and the guy that filleted our fish. He ended up going to an ATM. they're pretty much everywhere these days.

21 hours ago, powderfreak said:

There’s a ton of small transactions too though, hand and toe warmers take are the largest selling items and they are less than that coffee and donut.  Most people buy the big pricey stuff like lift tickets or lessons online ahead of time. It’s the smaller items like F&B, coffees, hand warmers, a face mask, a beer, fridge magnet or post card, that make up a lot of transactions.  Obviously still not cheap (marked up) but most single transactions a $20 can cover.  People just don’t carry it.

Its also a large enterprise so you aren’t worried about the transaction cost to the bank for the business like you would a local coffee joint.  I can see the mentality of just “put it all on the card this trip and we’ll deal with it later.”

Maybe hookers will start taking Venmo 

28 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Maybe hookers will start taking Venmo 

:lol: I bet we'd be surprised who uses Venmo already.  That's also helped take cash out, hear that a lot around here too.  Coffee shops in town or getting beers... "I'll just put it on my card and you guys can Venmo me" and often it seems like the money is already transferred before the bill is paid.  Pretty sure my sister in NYC uses Venmo on a daily basis for sharing coffees, lunch, happy hour, whatever.  Even buying lunch from street vendors they seem to split it that way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

:lol: I bet we'd be surprised who uses Venmo already.  That's also helped take cash out, hear that a lot around here too.  Coffee shops in town or getting beers... "I'll just put it on my card and you guys can Venmo me" and often it seems like the money is already transferred before the bill is paid.  Pretty sure my sister in NYC uses Venmo on a daily basis for sharing coffees, lunch, happy hour, whatever.  Even buying lunch from street vendors they seem to split it that way.

We pay the housekeeper by Venmo 

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Needed two more innings of the bullpen fun for sure.  We are getting screwed out of 4 innings of absolute mayhem between these two bullpens today.

It was good entertainment, one of 162, onto tonight.

I was wondering if anyone would follow my post . Good job to you and Dendy. That was a game Yanks would have lost earlier in season . Going to be a battle these last 43 games for sure. 

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Needed two more innings of the bullpen fun for sure.  We are getting screwed out of 4 innings of absolute mayhem between these two bullpens today.

It was good entertainment, one of 162, onto tonight.

Shit forgot we played you today. Woot woot, we creepin we crawlin

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I was wondering if anyone would follow my post . Good job to you and Dendy. That was a game Yanks would have lost earlier in season . Going to be a battle these last 43 games for sure. 

Yeah the Sox win that one in the first half of season, lol.  Flip flops.

Pretty even game, Yanks took it.  Both bullpens just try as hard as possible to urinate down their legs.  Kiki in the 9th swung badly at ball 4.  

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah the Sox win that one in the first half of season, lol.  Flip flops.

Pretty even game, Yanks took it.  Both bullpens just try as hard as possible to urinate down their legs.  Kiki in the 9th swung badly at ball 4.  

As bad tiday as was good in that GW double in 9th at Fenway a few weeks ago by him  . I love Loaisaiga 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Shit forgot we played you today. Woot woot, we creepin we crawlin

Oh you there.  New season.  Regression is a biatch.

This is like a winter where the coast defies odds and gets buried in snow Thanksgiving to New Years while the deeper interior watches it happen.  Then February and March go full huggers for two months and everyone evens out relative to normal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yanks have been resilient. Despite injuries, the ‘vid, and the manager they are cruising 

26 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yanks have been resilient. Despite injuries, the ‘vid, and the manager they are cruising 

Long way to go. While I am very excited about their play the last month .. and the fact they’ve gained 9.5 games on the Sox in 3 weeks .. the hill is still very steep . Just happy they’re in the conversation because in early Julorch .. they were not