Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Banter 2021

George BM

28 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

@mappy...Saw "Galaxy Quest" the other day, it was on our Netflix list (yeah, a disk!) and happened to come up!  I haven't seen it in a few years, so fun to watch it again and be reminded of the great lines and scenes in there (especially those with Alan Rickman).  I still like the references to the Galaxy Quest TV show being considered "Historical Documents"!!!  LOL!!! :lol:

21 minutes ago, mappy said:

hahahaha Love it!! @North Balti Zen @H2O and I were all in agreement with this GQ tweet earlier this week :lol: 

For as much as I love p much all of the actors in the movie and their performances I cannot help but love Sam Rockwell's and Tony Shalhoub's the most.  Guy Fleegman and Engineer Fred just kill me.  its just such a fun movie.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, H2O said:

For as much as I love p much all of the actors in the movie and their performances I cannot help but love Sam Rockwell's and Tony Shalhoub's the most.  Guy Fleegman and Engineer Fred just kill me.  its just such a fun movie.

And it's one of the best parodies I've seen!  Even down to the equivalent of hard-core "Trekkies" at those Sci Fi conventions!

1 hour ago, mappy said:

hahahaha Love it!! @North Balti Zen @H2O and I were all in agreement with this GQ tweet earlier this week :lol: 

Haven't seen Galaxy Quest in too many years, but as a lifelong Trek fan, I love how it sends up all of the tropes and cliches from all of the Trek series/movies. And yeah, Enrico Colantoni (in addition to many others!) were so good in GQ...we are working our way on Hulu through NBC's "Just Shoot Me" sitcom from the late 90s/early 2000s, and he's a hoot as Elliott in that show.  :) 

5 hours ago, Chris78 said:

I'm not sure what is going on with the Kuzy/Sammy situation.  Everything is so hush hush. It feels like their both in Laviolette's dog house but if Eller is out he may not have much of a choice not to put him back in the line up.

I was reading an article that Eller being out greatly diminishes their chances of shutting down the B's top line. Eller was the perfect fit with his skill set to shut down Marchand's line.

That line got going after Eller was injured.

And Ovechkin needs to get it going after a relatively quite game 2.

Mantha was buzzing in game 2. Could of had 2 or 3 goals if a few of those shots were on net.

Almost wonder if some teams are using Covid as an excuse to not play someone or carry extra players on the roster. 

2 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Haven't seen Galaxy Quest in too many years, but as a lifelong Trek fan, I love how it sends up all of the tropes and cliches from all of the Trek series/movies. And yeah, Enrico Colantoni (in addition to many others!) were so good in GQ...we are working our way on Hulu through NBC's "Just Shoot Me" sitcom from the late 90s/early 2000s, and he's a hoot as Elliott in that show.  :) 

its so good! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Almost wonder if some teams are using Covid as an excuse to not play someone or carry extra players on the roster. 

Sounds like they didn't follow the rules that all players agreed to prior to the season getting started .This is the second time that Kuzy/Sammy has ended up on the covid list.

I'm sure there's more going on behind the scenes but there's rumors that the caps will look to trade Kuzy in the offseason. 

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

The lottery stuff does seem to help to some extent.  Following weeks of declines, Ohio had a 6% increase in vaccinations in the 30-74 age group after the announcement about a $1,000,000 winner each week for the next 5 weeks.

Yeh deep down that feels kind of a shitty. We may not all care tho because we want people to be vaccinated, but to play off someone’s habits/flaws to achieve our own agenda feels little inconsiderate and manipulative  Feels intentionally targeted to specific and vulnerable  population 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic