Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

3 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

Today is eerily similar to the days leading up to the April Fools 1997 storm: sunny and 61° F with some puffy cumulus clouds. Hard to believe I may be digging out from 1-2' of snow within 48 hours. Clown maps are overdone, especially in the valleys, but up here above 2.2K they may not be so far fetched...

I was just thinking that...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You think I could blue snow down in Greenfield in a setup like that?  My hood is only 300'-400' el. 

Yeah I don't see why not. It's not like this is isothermal from 700mb downward. As long as you're getting decent omega in the SGZ, then it would snow down to the valley floor in the CCB. The key is getting the solutions with a good CCB over you (and much of the rest of SNE) to verify.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I don't see why not. It's not like this is isothermal from 700mb downward. As long as you're getting decent omega in the SGZ, then it would snow down to the valley floor in the CCB. The key is getting the solutions with a good CCB over you (and much of the rest of SNE) to verify.

Still need significant changes for this area, IMO.

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Canadian looked like it was over the canal and then stalls.  Meh' for SNE.

A little worse than 00z run...kind of weird because RGEM got a bit better.Usually they move in the same direction. It is still a a pretty snowy looking solution for N ORH county and Berkshires though.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I think you need it more SE for 4" or more.

Yeah it's going to slot quickly in CT except maybe Litchfield county unless we can tick this a little SE like the NAM. GFS would prob be good enough too, but it's a close call in his 'hood on the GFS with the slot...hits MA a lot harder.

We're probably all going to be sobered up anyway in a little over an hour when the Euro comes in.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it's going to slot quickly in CT except maybe Litchfield county unless we can tick this a little SE like the NAM. GFS would prob be good enough too, but it's a close call in his 'hood on the GFS with the slot...hits MA a lot harder.

We're probably all going to be sobered up anyway in a little over an hour when the Euro comes in.

LOL yeah. You definitely need to get out of the mid winter box and more on what needs to go right. A low tucking into eastern and SE areas wouldn't be easy in mid winter to get good snows in many areas outside of nrn ORH, nevermind April. But man, Mitch's area looks to be near ground zero. Starts to deform and pivot there with a good firehose.

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL yeah. You definitely need to get out of the mid winter box and more on what needs to go right. A low tucking into eastern and SE areas wouldn't be easy in mid winter to get good snows in many areas outside of nrn ORH, nevermind April. But man, Mitch's area looks to be near ground zero. Starts to deform and pivot there with a good firehose.

Yeah... the bodies will prob be buried with another 12-20".  Those will take a while to thaw out