Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southern Sanitarium

buckeyefan1

4 minutes ago, JoshM said:

The closer we get the more it’s looking close to a December 2002 redux, in regards to precipitation type and amounts 

89DB9470-9F12-4A62-BFCC-12276B15F38A.gif

Curse you for bringing that up. Do you have any idea how many trees I had to cut up in my neighborhood??  Not to mention no power for 3 days with a 5 year old and newborn.  Not fun!

Edit....but I kinda agree.  :wacko:

• Haha 1

Just now, kvegas-wx said:

Curse you for bringing that up. Do you have any idea how many trees I had to cut up in my neighborhood??  Not to mention no power for 3 days with a 5 year old and newborn.  Not fun!

Hey, I was in Gastonia then, I went thru that shi* too. But the accumulation maps for ZR seem to be going that way. I’d love to be wrong , but the warm nose always makes us it’s bitch.

20 minutes ago, JoshM said:

The closer we get the more it’s looking close to a December 2002 redux, in regards to precipitation type and amounts 

89DB9470-9F12-4A62-BFCC-12276B15F38A.gif

I was 12 I remember it VERY Well I was in Concord NW Cabarrus County and can Verify that 3/4” Measurement may have been underdone we didn’t have power for a week …. K-Vegas Speaking or Newborns I will be here with my 4 month old Son alone lol My wife does Ultrasounds and it’s mandatory she spends the night at work tomorrow night so me and the Boy will be Tracking and enjoying boy time 

Edit....but I kinda agree.  :wacko:

I was 17 when that storm hit. I remember the sky lighting up everywhere bc all the transformers blowing and the sound of falling trees is something I’ll never forget. They had to replace about every single power pole on our 5 mile street. We were without power for 12 days I believe. Now a father of young children myself I’m not looking forward to this storm. We’re pretty much in the bullseye for freezing rain in Northern Randolph County.

4 hours ago, WxJordan said:

It's been so nice to be back in the forum! My life kind of changed in 2020 with the birth of my first daughter. Being a dad is very important, so other things took a back seat. Then the pandemic hit with all its uncertainty. Then the supply shortages hit at work and we have been swamped. So, it's been nice to be back forecasting weather once again. I told my wife that I missed it so much, but the break probably helped me gather myself. I am hoping to become more active again.

Congrats on becoming a father! My daughter was born in October, my first!

• Like 2

The finger of snow modeled for today must have been the models actually giving us the finger cut that didn't materialize.  The warm nose that was nowhere in sight a week ago when we were planning this blizzard is going to turn this into nothing but a workout having to clear debris from an ice storm.  I cannot tell you how irritated I woke up this morning.  And I swear if the Raiders spoil my playoff party this afternoon that will certainly push me over my cliff.  

Bengals win or I'm dumping all my ice storm debris in the middle of I-40.  Darn I'm cranky about this one!!:fulltilt:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

The finger of snow modeled for today must have been the models actually giving us the finger cut that didn't materialize.  The warm nose that was nowhere in sight a week ago when we were planning this blizzard is going to turn this into nothing but a workout having to clear debris from an ice storm.  I cannot tell you how irritated I woke up this morning.  And I swear if the Raiders spoil my playoff party this afternoon that will certainly push me over my cliff.  

Bengals win or I'm dumping all my ice storm debris in the middle of I-40.  Darn I'm cranky about this one!!:fulltilt:

I already cracked open a beer. It's 6pm somewhere in the world. 

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic