• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southern Sanitarium

buckeyefan1

I’m out for Tonight…. These Cats are killing my Vibe. I get it, we’re not gonna get Lambasted with a historic storm but dang man …. Haven’t had A STORM at all in 3yrs I’m tickled to death to be forecasted 4-8” and some Ice that’s good storm to me lol see y’all Tomm may the trends be with you :lol:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, eyewall said:

I just officially checked out of this event. Not sure when there will be another chance if there is at all. The wait is always the hardest part after a brutal blow like this.

LOL!!  Once again I think you stole this post from 2020,2019,2018,2017......

Do you have this saved as a favorite or something?  I almost feel sorry for you over there in the screw zone.  (Almost)  :lol:

1 minute ago, kvegas-wx said:

LOL!!  Once again I think you stole this post from 2020,2019,2018,2017......

Do you have this saved as a favorite or something?  I almost feel sorry for you over there in the screw zone.  (Almost)  :lol:

We got a good one in December 2018

2 hours ago, eyewall said:

I just officially checked out of this event. Not sure when there will be another chance if there is at all. The wait is always the hardest part after a brutal blow like this.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_33.png

I'll let that talk, plenty of potential overall over the next couple of weeks for something else to pop off.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

Any of you guys have a davis weather station or some similar? I've been thinking of getting one for months but might bite the bullet and do it. Any recommendations?

I always thought the weather flow tempest looked really neat but I don’t have one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dunkman said:

I always thought the weather flow tempest looked really neat but I don’t have one.

I really like my tempest after about 20 days of having it up.  I do need to raise it tto tge 6-8’ range they suggest to get better wind readings however.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

So does everyone believe we're ok for the most part in the triangle with regard to power outages?  Not really making any special plans for Sunday to cope as I just don't see it as a problem in Cary.  Just a messy day

I have family in Charlotte getting fuel for their generator just in case. Doesn't hurt to be prepared. 

nervous anticipation in the "Burlington bullseye" nothing new here ya'll don't know- CAD always hangs tight here and overperforms - crazy gradient b/t my location ~2miles north of I-40 - and say SE side of Graham - never fails.

I will say - the track of this system is different than i ever recall, and as such the modeling of p-type changeover is extremely different in that there doesn't seem to be a "pocket" that hangs on - its a swift straight-line transition moving from SSE to NNW in a line from the SC border all the way to the VA border. We'll see.

Generator ready, gas tanks full, 10gauge 100ft cord arriving tomorrow. Did i mention we have a TON of old oaks 'round here? Hopefully sleet saves us - but flashbacks to Feb 2014 when we lost power for 6 days.

1 hour ago, HKY_WX said:

Any of you guys have a davis weather station or some similar? I've been thinking of getting one for months but might bite the bullet and do it. Any recommendations?

I love my Davis Vantage Vue.  Had one for probably 12 years now.  Does great on temperature and rain measurements.  Easy to setup and transmits to an in-house receiver with all kinds of cool graphs, measurements, etc.

You can also use their software program to keep records and do whatever else you might wish to do with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CaryWx said:

So does everyone believe we're ok for the most part in the triangle with regard to power outages?  Not really making any special plans for Sunday to cope as I just don't see it as a problem in Cary.  Just a messy day

I'm gonna gas up the cars, charge up the jump pack to keep some coulombs around for various devices DC and AC, put the tarp on the front stoop, and that's probably about it. Maybe I'll fill up the water cooler in case our community pumps lose power.

• jburns unpinned this topic