Jump to content

March 2021 Discobs


nj2va
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Record high at IAD and BWI so far

Could be some record high lows tonight too... from this afternoon's LWX AFD:

.CLIMATE...
Well above normal temperatures are peaking on today. Here is a
list of temperature records for March 11th.

Washington DC area (KDCA)
Record Daily High Temperature: 78 F (set in 1967)
Record Daily Warm Low Temperature: 57 F (set in 2016)

Baltimore MD area (KBWI)
Record Daily High Temperature: 75 F (set in 1967)
Record Daily Warm Low Temperature: 53 F (set in 1955)

Sterling/Dulles VA area (KIAD)
Record Daily High Temperature: 77 F (set in 1990)
Record Daily Warm Low Temperature: 49 F (set in 1967)

Weather records for the Washington DC area have been recorded at
what is now Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (KDCA)
since 1941. The official weather record consists of that data
back to 1945, and observations taken in downtown Washington
extend the period of record back for temperatures to 1872.

Weather records for the Baltimore MD area have been recorded at
what is now Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall
Airport (KBWI) since 1950. The official weather record consists
of that data back to 1950, and observations taken in downtown
Baltimore extend the period of record for temperatures to 1872.

Weather records for the Sterling/Dulles VA area have been
recorded at what is now Washington Dulles International Airport
(KIAD) since 1960.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

71 here. This dry period has been much needed. Driveway has been saved, and solid enough to fill in the low spots and get some new stone down.

The wetland on the back 40(more like 4) has receded some, so the first dose of larvicide might be a reasonable task. Might hit it this weekend.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow on the dew drop

thought I might break my record from 1967 , 77 high didnt(DCA did at 79) and my midnight record is 58 also 1967 but I’m down to 57.7 at 11:15 

ive got a diary of weather from mid sixties to 2012. It was on display at couple of early conventions.

Almost every day of every month had something happen from 30 or so chronicles per year for 45 years. Covers a lot of dates.

so I’m going to start up a On This Date thread in a bit. If you like it send money and if not don’t say anything because I’m very tender..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The very dry air mass combined with westerly winds (downsloping) will allow for efficient mixing conditions and dewpoints should fall solidly into the single digits by this afternoon. Temperatures are forecast to warm well above guidance into the low 50s in most locations with mid to upper 40s farther north across the higher terrain. Resulting relative humidity values will be in the teens across most of the area for much of the day, uncomfortably dry. For further discussion on the Fire Weather concerns, please refer to the Fire Weather discussion section below.

What? Bring it. I will be outside most of the day. I will moisturize so my skin doesn't start to flake off.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The very dry air mass combined with westerly winds (downsloping) will allow for efficient mixing conditions and dewpoints should fall solidly into the single digits by this afternoon. Temperatures are forecast to warm well above guidance into the low 50s in most locations with mid to upper 40s farther north across the higher terrain. Resulting relative humidity values will be in the teens across most of the area for much of the day, uncomfortably dry. For further discussion on the Fire Weather concerns, please refer to the Fire Weather discussion section below.

What? Bring it. I will be outside most of the day. I will moisturize so my skin doesn't start to flake off.

You know the weathers boring when the headline is uncomfortably dry! Haha 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

You know the weathers boring when the headline is uncomfortably dry! Haha 

It hasn't rained in what, 2 weeks? Pretty amazing stretch given how wet it has been here for months. Much needed. Driveway is solid again and the wetland back in the woods has shrunk quite a bit. Less area to seed with mosquito larvicide.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It hasn't rained in what, 2 weeks? Pretty amazing stretch given how wet it has been here for months. Much needed. Driveway is solid again and the wetland back in the woods has shrunk quite a bit. Less area to seed with mosquito larvicide.

Oh for sure. I’m happy about it and saw it coming and forecasted it. Needless to say my followers have loved the forecasts (except for the few snow hounds) lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...