Most Online
    samithdfm
    Newest Member
    samithdfm

March Long Range Discussion

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Ukie at 144 looks promising 

GZ_D5_PN_144_0000 (4).gif

UKMET and GFS have similar snow amounts in CO despite the UKMET being 18 hrs slower.

I don't remember any  major Front Range snowstorms that were also big east coast snowstorms.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Amped said:

UKMET and GFS have similar snow amounts in CO despite the UKMET being 18 hrs slower.

I don't remember any  major Front Range snowstorms that were also big east coast snowstorms.   

They usually cut so far west they bring rain to Chicago

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_59.png

Even though it is almost at the end of its run I find it cool to just look at the made up storms. It looks like a nice late March nor-easter. The best part though, is that it falls apart and becomes suppressed before reaching us now we can't even get virtual snow.

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Bring it home dude. It’s in your hands.

Dude is definitely tenacious.  If I were pinned down in a foxhole, I'd want him beside me.  Although he might let me die because he hates my moderation skills. :weep:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_59.png

Even though it is almost at the end of its run I find it cool to just look at the made up storms. It looks like a nice late March nor-easter. The best part though, is that it falls apart and becomes suppressed before reaching us now we can't even get virtual snow.

354 hours.

Yall kinda get out of control with this.

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

That is a crazy run-to-run shift on the mean.

I'll take the HECS P16 shows.

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

That is a crazy run-to-run shift on the mean.

its not crazy for that range though... some subtle shifts in the longwave pattern at that range has significant impact on the synoptic details.  Maybe it shifts back next run who knows...but that's why I was lol at the "its over" posts the last 24 hours.  I would be equally LOL at any "it's gonna snow" posts too.  Maybe the winter got to everyone because some people are acting silly lately with making determinations about synoptic details from ranges that are not realistic.  

19 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

354 hours.

Yall kinda get out of control with this.

I know, but I just find looking at storms that far out interesting not because it will happen but because it shows a simulation of a storm. Even though the storm won't happen I find it still interesting to look at. 

26 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

GEFS targets central VA.  Right where we want it lol

lol what timeframe is this for?

10 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Gfs has a mega block at the end of the run with a pretty epic pattern, could it be just in time for a late season blockbuster or will it just make spring colder?

Gross.  That'd be 40s and drizzle for days for here.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ji said:

lol what timeframe is this for?

Then it targets just north layer in the week. I suppose one more DC split would be a perfect way to end things. 

10 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The one you declared dead.

the precip is so paltry---id be more excited about flurries in october

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

Dude is definitely tenacious.  If I were pinned down in a foxhole, I'd want him beside me.  Although he might let me die because he hates my moderation skills. :weep:

lol same

14 minutes ago, Ji said:

I said Gefs. There are some members that are wet. But it’s still not in details range anyways. I’m not really paying much attention. Just made a half joking observation. 

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

This is good stuff lol. 

But not sure how tenacious one has to be to track snow in mid March:popcorn:. And actually you were pretty civil to me for the record. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ji said:

The event hasn't happened yet.  There was no snow modeled at all until recently.  There is plenty of time for the modeled solution to get better or to vanish, but pretending like this is the final solution and saying it isn't a big enough event to be exciting is a bit much.