Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

2 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Would be difficult since he was traded to Indy.  Gets returned as damaged goods and has a miracle season?

Nice map there - another near miss for NNE?

Edit: 2nd one's much nicer (even if unlikely.)

I know, that is why I said there is a better chance of wentz and the eagles winning the SB than a full fledged blizzard.....

29 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Euro is pretty close to phase 180 hours, wouldn’t take much change for it to happen

Raise your hand if you're up to here hearing this goddamn statement - lol

It's alright - not you personally... It's just ad nauseam with that and most years since the beginning of the era of modeling environment utilizing tech ( say 1976 ), phasing beyond 72 hours is and was always such low dependability and that being 180 hours:

IN spring

IN GW

IN fast HC poisoned shear shit show of a flow

I mean 180 from now...what?  Is that July 4th - may as well be.   haha.

I like the D10 spring explosion everywhere ... big big time warm front in Lakes...

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Raise your hand if you're up to hear hearing this goddamn statement - lol

It's alright - not you personally... It's just ad nauseam with that and most years since the beginning of the era of modeling environment utilizing tech ( say 1976 ), phasing beyond 72 hours is was always such low dependability and that 180 hours. 

IN spring

IN GW

I like the D10 spring explosion everywhere ... big big time warm front in Lakes...

And we sick of hearing spring explosion on 2/26 10 days from now too...so you get the idea.  Thanks! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

And we sick of hearing spring explosion on 2/26 10 days from now too...so you get the idea.  Thanks! 

No... your sick of it, not because it has been repeated ... you're sick of it because your neurotic about holding onto winter and don't like hearing anything else. Sorry if reality NARCANs people's high.

- the difference there is realism:  an approach that requires one 'get it' that winter is ending  ;) ...whether it snows next week or not - enjoy that.

I dunno, what - you hear that and process it to mean absolute - like in 10 minutes ?  no - It's March... spring.  Winter ends this month both in Met and solar calendars...

• Like 1
  • Weenie 5

16 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

LOL

Look at all the forecast teleconnections. All of them will be the complete opposite of what we want. And those brief windows where we might get a ridge in the west, or some other reprieve from the hostile pattern, any chance of any storm working out will be a long shot. How much did it snow in March 2010?

17 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

No... your sick of it, not because it has been repeated ... you're sick of it because your neurotic about holding onto winter and don't like hearing anything else. Sorry if reality NARCANs people's high.

- the difference there is realism:  an approach that requires one 'get it' that winter is ending  ;) ...whether it snows next week or not - enjoy that.

I dunno, what - you hear that and process it to me absolute - like in 10 minutes ?  no - It's March... spring.  Winter ends this month both in Met and solar calendars...

Well, to be fair, spring is more adept at navigating Sir Hadley's limitations, as you have said yourself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Look at all the forecast teleconnections. All of them will be the complete opposite of what we want. And those brief windows where we might get a ridge in the west, or some other reprieve from the hostile pattern, any chance of any storm working out will be a long shot. How much did it snow in March 2010?

Less important as we progress through March.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fozz said:

They dont matter that much with short wavelengths. 

You also live in New England where It can snow until Mid April.

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

They dont matter that much with short wavelengths. 

You also live in New England where It can snow until Mid April.

I'm sure there will be some nickel and diming into March and possibly April, maybe a stray advisory event or two, but I'm not expecting anything significant. 

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Weeks and weeks upcoming of 30’s and 40’s and dry. The worst 

Well ... by the underpinning, insultingly obvious smoldering hope of the consensus .. that's supposed to be a good thing -  Ha

Somewhere buried in the skull of that mind set is a non-disclosing monologue about it 'still being possible' so long as its cold. 

Fact of the matter is, the engagement in here doesn't have much to do with science - never really has. And it is probably bi-polar for everyone to some degree ( no pun intended ..) or another during these transition seasons.  

There are times in the spring where the model runs seem to gang up on Celestial mechanics ( i.e., the Earth's rotation/angle relative to the sun and inevitability - ), and those times ...the model cinema drug users get a kick.  Those times are bad for spring enthusiasts who've long checked out and long for the sights and sounds and aromas of summer - probably worse for these, too...  Because spring in New England, I have come to find, is a psycyological challenge where "April as the cruelest month" is really more like "Spring is the cruelest season" ...anywhere E of the Hudson! 

Then, those seemingly rarer times when warmth takes over the charts and outpaces the calendar by several weeks, the pendulum swings the other way. 

1 minute ago, Fozz said:

I'm sure there will be some nickel and diming into March and possibly April, maybe a stray advisory event or two, but I'm not expecting anything significant. 

I'm not either, but the fact that the atmosphere is in so much flux during spring means that the door is inherently ajar to a degree.

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, to be fair, spring is more adept at navigating Sir Hadley's limitations, as you have said yourself.

Well yeah...that, and prior to as well...

That is why I implied it's not ending in 10 minutes, either

I mean Jesus Christ - you can't even bring it up ...  talk or lay mention to the inevitability of seasonal change?  Holy shit.

Not you per se ..I mean in general...

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Well yeah...that, and prior to as well...

That is why I implied it's ending in 10 minutes here.

Jesus Christ - you can't even talk or lay mention to the inevitability of seasonal change and open discussion about it around here.  My god

Not you per se ..I mean in general...

I get what you are saying....I encounter the same thing whenever I downplay anything winter.

52 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Raise your hand if you're up to here hearing this goddamn statement - lol

It's alright - not you personally... It's just ad nauseam with that and most years since the beginning of the era of modeling environment utilizing tech ( say 1976 ), phasing beyond 72 hours is and was always such low dependability and that being 180 hours:

IN spring

IN GW

Ha, I’m not ready to go back to real life yet. 180 hr phase keeps me from worrying about the rent and bills ;). Plus next year I’m moving to Worcester from Philly so I’m all ready for next winter to get here

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Ha, I’m not ready to go back to real life yet. 180 hr phase keeps me from worrying about the rent and bills ;). Plus next year I’m moving to Worcester from Philly so I’m all ready for next winter to get here

Nice....another mid atlantic addition. You going to elevation?