HoarfrostHubb

Feb 22 Minor snow and rain event

2 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

perfect. thank you.

3.0" in Burlington at 1,140 ft... Had 2 pic (rule measurements) sent to me from Highland Lake area of Winsted showing 4.5"

• Like 2

Quick temp drop here with -SN continuing...down to 27.6F. Not really a big deal up here, but watch out further south where it's 32-34F.

12 minutes ago, radarman said:

Berkshire East has recovered nicely from the Tuesday rain event.  Skied wonderfully this afternoon, woods especially.  Slow drive home though, all snow crossing the river, flipped to rn coming through Amherst at 530.  

Seems the snow warmed up enough yesterday to be very skiable.  I hope I can get out on Wednesday for a few hours between classes.  

• Like 1

I skied Hunter yesterday and south/east facing aspects softened slightly... Enough to make the moguls icy, but skiable.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

White garbage event. Couldn't even get .4 to get me to 50" on the season. Thanks for the report as always :)

Looks like I'll be stuck at 0.4" away now too... lol. Hopefully we get another event.

5 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Was it any better out in the hilly part of town?

It was like a whole different world. Heavy snow everything sticking to roads, trees, side walks. These pictures are from Hamden/Bethany on Gaylord Mt Rd.

I measured 0.7" at 530FT by Broken Arrow Nursary, much less down the hill at 220FT on Todd St with 0.3" and got one report from a spotter in Hamden with 0.2" at 165FT. On Rt10 near Sleeping Giant everything was just wet, mostly rain and non-accumulating snow at 100ft or less.

IMG_20210222_142351 (3).jpg

IMG_20210222_143013 (4).jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Thats quite a drive from Winsted. Hopefully u still have some left and not too much rain.

it'll be gone by the time I get back, at least I trained my wife how to properly measure when I travel, the last year it's been a LOT too, because nobody wants to do work, but not complaining, as long as they don't take away the ot I'm good with travel and running 5 programs at once. miss the fam tho

2 minutes ago, PWMan said:

Every event since 12/17 has found a way.

I thought 295 was toast, but I didn't think we'd go straight rain at the WFO. That hurts.

32 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

It was like a whole different world. Heavy snow everything sticking to roads, trees, side walks. These pictures are from Hamden/Bethany on Gaylord Mt Rd.

I measured 0.7" at 530FT by Broken Arrow Nursary, much less down the hill at 220FT on Todd St with 0.3" and got one report from a spotter in Hamden with 0.2" at 165FT. On Rt10 near Sleeping Giant everything was just wet, mostly rain and non-accumulating snow at 100ft or less.

IMG_20210222_142351 (3).jpg

IMG_20210222_143013 (4).jpg

Wow, that's a huge difference!

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I thought 295 was toast, but I didn't think we'd go straight rain at the WFO. That hurts.

Ouch, Cat paws here

IMG_5408.PNG

Concrete pack in CT with many layers. Looks like barely lost anything, even with the rain all day.

16 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Perfect pack eviscerator here.  Down to patches.

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

This little critter guarantees me normal or above seasonal snowfall... 72.0" total

Wow, I knew you were having decent season but that's awesome Dave.

4.8! Was final in nw jersey , snow pack around 20, inches . Tried to put in a picture but won’t let me 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rgwp96 said:

4.8! Was final in nw jersey , snow pack around 20, inches . Tried to put in a picture but won’t let me 

Crazy pack for Jersey.

Only 9 inches less than here, which tells the tale of the last 45+ days.

But I'm told April will be rockin' here so... LOL