• Member Statistics

    16,623
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday
    Joined
stormtracker

February 18/19 Party - STORM MODE

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Quasievil said:

Exactly. By the time it starts sleeting, we've got a comfortable snow pack. Lock it up.

I agree I'm just saying the map showing 9" is misleading... 18Z NAM was good to the whole area for sure I'd lock it up in a heartbeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3K is reallllyyy ugly for the area. It snows for an hour or two in most spots. Great consensus we got going on this mix line!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

LWX updated their maps... 

image.thumb.png.86e4fd63b7ee7ab6aa2d20ad7a758e7f.png

StormTotalIce.png

I’m holding them to that 8-12 up here. There will be consequences...might have to wag my finger even!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

If that map verifies it will be a proper bust for basically our entire subforum except DCA lol. 

Something is wrong with the algorithm output...I probably shouldnt have posted lol...Toss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, psuhoffman said:

I’m holding them to that 8-12 up here. There will be consequences...might have to wag my finger even!  

Great minds think alike lol. Wasn't your map 6 to 12?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, osfan24 said:

3K is reallllyyy ugly for the area. It snows for an hour or two in most spots. Great consensus we got going on this mix line!

4 miles NW of me there is a Winter storm warning, still waiting to see whether Mount Holly advances the Winter Storm Watch here to Warning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deck Pic said:

Something is wrong with the algorithm output...I probably shouldnt have posted lol...Toss

BTW is it nice for you to be out of urban heat island hell?  I remember all your obs from past events basically 40 degrees and sad hahaha.  Do you take some trips up to Canaan at all?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

BTW is it nice for you to be out of urban heat island hell?  I remember all your obs from past events basically 40 degrees and sad hahaha.  Do you take some trips up to Canaan at all?

Thanks...I love Davis/Canaan...I will go out there soon.  Only 90 minutes away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh thank goodness. that 3k nam snow map was UGLY

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

Low Res NAM, better solution...

1613757600-59En9Qs29sg.png

Where have I seen this scenario play out before..........

This map should be the poster child for the 2020-2021 winter.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

What's the total QPF look like...is it just as pock-marked looking as this?

It looks like a 3 year old drew it with crayons after guzzling some mountain dew from their sippy cup.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll throw my hat in the ring this time. I like 1-3/2-4" for DC before the changeover, a little more in Baltimore with amounts steadily increasing to the north and west. More concerned about the potential for prolonged icing along and east of I-95.
 

 

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

What's the total QPF look like...is it just as pock-marked looking as this?

image.thumb.png.73ba560fad9fc1cbd8df84accf2915c8.png
As Matt said, something’s off about the WB Kuchera map. This is the hour DC and southwest flip to sleet. The 0.5+” band is narrower than in the 12K, but its nowhere as funky as the Kuchera map suggests. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wtf is that BS?  That better be a 1 hour snowfall map! 
No thanks if that is the future nam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gymengineer said:

image.thumb.png.73ba560fad9fc1cbd8df84accf2915c8.png
As Matt said, something’s off about the WB Kuchera map. This is the hour DC and southwest flip to sleet. The 0.5+” band is narrower than in the 12K, but its nowhere as funky as the Kuchera map suggests. 

Thanks.  Yeah, something looks a little odd.  And sorry @Deck Pic, didn't see you had already posted the total QPF just before I asked my question, but thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.