• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 18/19th Storm Potential

stormtracker

Northwest crew...if we get the further south solution it’s ok. We get higher ratios and stay snow more of the event (maybe even all of it in terms of when there is meaningful heavy precip). And it gives more cushion for the inevitable north trend at the end. Nothing is showing us fringed up here. Worrying about the exact placement of a meso band within the precip shield on globals at 48 hours is useless. Plus they never pick up on the oragraphics enhances banding that sets up in the typical places. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Northwest crew...if we get the further south solution it’s ok. We get higher ratios and stay snow more of the event (maybe even all of it in terms of when there is meaningful heavy precip). And it gives more cushion for the inevitable north trend at the end. Nothing is showing us fringed up here. Worrying about the exact placement of a meso band within the next recipe shield on globals at 48 hours is useless. Plus they never pick up on the oragraphics enhances banding that sets up in the typical places. 

It was always going to be okay for us. Most of us up north have 20+ on the year, we don't NEED a 6+ snowstorm for us to be okay. :) 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Northwest crew...if we get the further south solution it’s ok. We get higher ratios and stay snow more of the event (maybe even all of it in terms of when there is meaningful heavy precip). And it gives more cushion for the inevitable north trend at the end. Nothing is showing us fringed up here. Worrying about the exact placement of a meso band within the next recipe shield on globals at 48 hours is useless. Plus they never pick up on the oragraphics enhances banding that sets up in the typical places. 

Bottom line is every model regardless of the finer details has most everyone getting a high impact event.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

The CMC aims that early snow tongue straight at the Winchester area and hammers us. Please let it be right for once. I dont have the qpf numbers off of that crazy site. But it is a beautiful site to see. 

Just saw it..Even here we hang on during 18z Thursday...just barely.  I imagine we switch shortly after that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Anyweather said:

I’d much rather clear it first and then put down ice melt. 
we had a sleet storm near short Pump PD 2007 I think. Maybe 5 “. You couldn’t walk or drive in it. I used my 4wd tractor to plow a buddies neighbors driveway. She had to park in the culdesac and shlep her groceries 200 yards. Buddy told me she cried when she got home to a cleared driveway. 

Buy a jeep with some monster tires like i have and you dont have to worry about shoveling...let the mailman out front on the sidewalks fend for him/herself:lol:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mappy said:

It was always going to be okay for us. Most of us up north have 20+ on the year, we don't NEED a 6+ snowstorm for us to be okay. :) 

Please...this has nothing to do with NEED... this is WANT!!!  I WANT snow. All the snow all the time. SNOW SNOW SNOW.  Give me snow. Then I want more snow. And top it off with a side of snow. Then I’ll have a little snow for desert. I want flakes the size of cars that leave craters!  I want to need tunnels to get to my door.  

I try to be selfless and empathetic as much as I can in my life. I try to do things to give back. But with snow I am a selfish SOB. I want all the snow and I want it now!  

• Like 5
  • Haha 9
  • Weenie 4

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Please...this has nothing to do with NEED... this is WANT!!!  I WANT snow. All the snow all the time. SNOW SNOW SNOW.  Give me snow. Then I want more snow. And top it off with a side of snow. Then I’ll have a little snow for desert. I want flakes the size of cars that leave craters!  I want to need tunnels to get to my door.  

I try to be selfless and empathetic as much as I can in my life. I try to do things to give back. But with snow I am a selfish SOB. I want all the snow and I want it now!  

Appreciate you finally being honest about it. You are worried it shifts south and YOU miss the goods. Don't try and group everyone into your projections. :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, mappy said:

Appreciate you finally being honest about it. You are worried it shifts south and YOU miss the goods. Don't try and group everyone into your projections. :) 

My post was to the NW crew. But my joke post aside I’m NOT worried about south with this one. I don’t see enough of a suppressive flow to crush this. Maybe we don’t Jack but whatever...our bigger risk even up here is a mid level warm layer sneaking north imo. 

ETA: the initial wave likely does focus the heaviest just south of us...but we would get good snow later in the day assuming the warm layer doesn’t blast north too fast. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Whoa! I think I’m slowly becoming more a fan of your evil twin EHoffman. :lol:

Just now, psuhoffman said:

My post was to the NW crew. But my joke post aside I’m NOT worried about south with this one. I don’t see enough of a suppressive flow to crush this. Maybe we don’t Jack but whatever...our bigger risk even up here is a mid level warm layer sneaking north imo. 

Your post was about you and your backyard. You're very good at including everyone in your thoughts, when we all know you only care about your backyard. You said it yourself, you're a selfish SOB when it comes to snow. And it's okay to be that way. But not all of us give a shit like you do if we miss out on the good stuff. 

Hope you get the goods, friend. Sounds like you really want it. 

• Like 1

Just now, osfan24 said:

Imagine that, someone cares enough to post on a weather message board about snowstorms and actually wants as much as snow they can get in their own yard. The horror.

imagine being so dense you're missing the point of my posts. :) 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

Your post was about you and your backyard. You're very good at including everyone in your thoughts, when we all know you only care about your backyard. You said it yourself, you're a selfish SOB when it comes to snow. And it's okay to be that way. But not all of us give a shit like you do if we miss out on the good stuff. 

Hope you get the goods, friend. Sounds like you really want it. 

That was supposed to be funny. Ugh. Of course I want as much snow as I can get in my yard. Who here doesn’t?  But since I have no control over it I don’t feel selfish about that. Honestly if I did have control I would draw up ridiculous storms with 300 mile wide Jack zones that give everyone in here 20”. Or of I had to give up a storm once in a while in order for others to get snow I would. Yes I want snow but I also want others to get snow too!   If I had a preference from 12z I would like the Para. Gets DC area with the initial thump in the morning then we attrition our way to good snow up here from a combo of multiple waves. It’s a win for everyone. 

• Like 4

Just now, psuhoffman said:

That was supposed to be funny. Ugh. Of course I want as much snow as I can get in my yard. Who here doesn’t?  But since I have no control over it I don’t feel selfish about that. Honestly if I did have control I would draw up ridiculous storms with 300 mile wide Jack zones that give everyone in here 20”. Or of I had to give up a storm once in a while in order for others to get snow I would. Yes I want snow but I also want others to get snow too!   If I had a preference from 12z I would like the Para. Gets DC area with the initial thump in the morning then we attrition our way to good snow up here from a combo of multiple waves. It’s a win for everyone. 

Me. I do not care if I don't get the most snow. It's just snow. I appreciate your honesty and there is no doubt you have incredible knowledge about these things, that is greatly appreciated by all of us. I just have to laugh at you worrying about snow missing, when we all know you're just worried about it missing you :)  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2