Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 18/19th Storm Potential

stormtracker

4 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I'm use to it. I'm chasing spring at this point so no longer care.

Another impressive win for the NAM. It's been deadly accurate this season. Pretty amazing actually. 

wait, the storm already happened? man, must have slept through that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Just now, chris21 said:

06z Euro is still a high impact winter storm with very cold temps. Just more sleet and some freezing rain in dc rather than snow. This time it won’t be rain...

I was thinking the same thing.  Anything is preferable to white rain and 35 degrees.  This will almost certainly at least start off white for us.  Should be fun.  

• Like 2

Just now, TowsonWeather said:

The NAM has - without question - performed the worst of any model for this entire threat.

If one more person talks about how the NAM has "done it again," I'm gonna lose it - lol

You are 100% correct. 24 hours ago the nam was off on a tangent. It wasn't even close. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TowsonWeather said:

The NAM has - without question - performed the worst of any model for this entire threat.

If one more person talks about how the NAM has "done it again," I'm gonna lose it - lol

Wait what?

The NAM has been showing, consistently since the first run at range, that the sleet line will be well into Maryland very early.

The Euro, GFS, etc have shown on the other hand have been, even as early as yesterday, putting out sleet lines in Virginia and dropping 8+" of snow region wide. Don't even get me started at what the Euro and GFS were saying when the NAM was "at range".

The NAM has been great IMO, it was great on other storms and in this case, it looks like models are caving towards the NAM here as well.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It’s not even trending north. It’s trending warmer. It’s still a perfect track with an Arctic high in place.  Dunno what to say. 

Euro doesn't seem to show much sleet or freezing rain though is it just poor rates and crappy flakes not accumulating as much?

Just now, ErinInTheSky said:

Wait what?

The NAM has been showing, consistently since the first run at range, that the Sleet line will be well into Maryland very early.

The Euro, GFS, etc have shown on the other hand have been, even as early as yesterday, putting out sleet lines in Virginia and dropping 8+" of snow region wide. Don't even get me started at what the Euro and GFS were saying when the NAM was "at range".

The NAM has been great IMO, it was great on other storms and in this case, it looks like models are caving towards the NAM here as well.

It could be right but for the wrong reasons lol.

The Nam had the storm track way west up until yesterday.

• Like 2