hazwoper

February 18-19 Event

15 minutes ago it was tiny flakes with a bit of graupel, but in the last ten minutes the strength picked up to SN, nearly +SN levels, with larger flakes.

Depth has almost reached 3" in Swarthmore.

1 hour ago, Newman said:

I appreciate your reports, it gives me an idea of what it's like in Fleetwood when I'm down in Millersville.

Snow has all but stopped here in Millersville, in a brief lull/area of subsidence

We just had 1” per hr now sit at 4.25 with heavy snow 

26 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Welcome!  There are a couple of us city-proper posters here. Seems we have issues beyond the snow/sleet line that have to do with what is going on in the upper atmosphere with warm noses and whatnot!  I think this was pretty much expected - a "front end thump" followed by mixing and then when the coastal takes over, some possible additional, although it remains to be seen if more rain happens with that.  If anything, it is interesting to see where the band of heaviest snow had/had set up and it's a pretty narrow gradient for that at the moment.

Yup another city proper lurker here, though I’m off city ave about 2 min from Wynnewood/Ardmore. 

still getting a SN/IP mix, + at times...though I’m envious of those with a fully cold column and pure snow ☃️

Have not seen radar like this all winter in south philly. Sleet trying to mix in but mostly heavy snow with big fat flakes 

Edit: as I say that - moving more to heavy sleet

Screenshot_20210218-104734_RadarScope.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

About to get demolished by that band coming up from the south in Media Delaware County wish I knew of its snow or sleet when it gets here.

It's giant flakes and lots of them, with a little sleet for good measure.

6 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

We backed off to moderate snow and looks like that back edge in on my doorstep pushing East fast. Lull till the coastal type of deal? 

Looks like a momentary lull. Some juicy returns coming in just to our west.