Total Members
    Most Online
    8283 El Nino Baby
    Newest Member
    8283 El Nino Baby
2021 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Discussion

Kmlwx

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

True, but shear is kinda weak and we're seeing a ton of crap clouds bubbling up so it'll probably offset it. I know, I know, deb.

And of course on the latest mesoanalysis update they've come down a bit ;)

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

True, but shear is kinda weak and we're seeing a ton of crap clouds bubbling up so it'll probably offset it. I know, I know, deb.

What sort of storms do you think we will be looking at I personally think that pulse types storms are the most likely with supercells not all too likely due to the low shear. Also would this sort of environment enable microbursts because they are pulse type storms, to be honest I have no idea what sort of environment makes them likely? 

4 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

What sort of storms do you think we will be looking at I personally think that pulse types storms are the most likely with supercells not all too likely due to the low shear. Also would this sort of environment enable microbursts because they are pulse type storms, to be honest I have no idea what sort of environment makes them likely? 

Generic pulse storms with a few flood or severe warnings for wet microbursts.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, George BM said:

Slighted for the 1630z update w/ mention of the remnant MCV currently in extreme SW VA potentially spreading multicellular clusters of storms across the SLGT area. 

Now we countdown to the pity MD and potentially the pity watch. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Decent segment in WV coming into LWX radar focus now...

That cluster might be the main player for today. It's already got it's act together and it's not in the best environment right now. Might see a repeat of last night.

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

That's a beefy little cell booking for Front Royal. Might even have a bit of spin.

Echo tops on that complex have been steadily increasing as well. Over 40kft now. 

• Like 1

I am right under the X in KLWX radar starting to think this is a bit concerning with the cells picking up rotation and strengthening. A lot of people are smarter than me here so should I be? I mean not too concerning yet but if they do stay alive they should hit me.

IMG_3288.jpg

15 hours ago, Stormfly said:

Petered out well before the county line.  They usually do or veer south. Nice relaxing shower now, a few rumbles of thunder.  Biggest performers of the night are the Gray Tree Frogs.  They are out in full force.  The hooters (Barred Owls) will be happy! :)

You finally identified a few posts back this specific owl species that's been stalking my backyard, @Stormfly....and then I finally caught one on camera last night just a few minutes after midnight! Video quality is meh (it's a Blink camera), but you can see it fly in at lower left, probably going after a frog or mouse on the patio. I was excited to capture this, as I've only ever seen them as swooping silhouettes in past years!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

Seems that way when looking at it closer!

It's broad for the time being. Will be interesting to see how that cell/complex evolves as it comes out of the Blue Ridge areas. My personal prediction is that it'll get close to the metro area and gust out into the typical outflow and heavy rain ;)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.