Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/6/-2/7 Snow Threat

wncsnow

8 minutes ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

How accurate relative to snow are models at predicting sleet accumulation?

Not sure, but looks like NAM is using just over 2 to 1 ratio, which seems low if anything.  I would imagine 3 to 1 is closer for sleet.  

• Like 1

In past ive liked NAM Thermals the best but don’t put attention to much else on it. It seems to handle CAD pretty well or atleast it has in past imo. I’d overlook the high amped Track for now. Use NAM thermals And Blend the Canadian/GFS/EURO to an AVG and I’d say we’re at a reasonable outcome for the time moment Jmo. I’m normally pretty conservative though and still just a hobbyist 

• Like 1

A couple hundred more miles NW and I'll end up getting your storm in Cincinnati next week, which is where I'll be!  LOL.  Watching the board go from no storm, to a track shift, to starting a thread, to a mini-boom, to cold rain for most outside of elevation has been enjoyable today.  If I were to change my career to mental therapy and advertise solely to this forum I'd be rich!

I promise when I come back next Friday I'll have that 5 degree air in Cincy hitched right to my F250 and I'll drag it right on through the mountains just for you guys.  Be patient!!