Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Quick Hitter Coastal Threat, Feb 7-8th

The 4 Seasons

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

No windows down here in my weather tracking bunker. I am told it is snowing outside right now, however. I am all-in on getting the SNE beach and canal locations a snowstorm, even if it means I gotta get this low down near Bermuda.

You'll emerge in late March to a deep pack and cashing in on some elevation dependent storm while we 40 and rain south of the Whites.

We'll enjoy this one, then be more jealous.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

You'll emerge in late March to a deep pack and cashing in on some elevation dependent storm while we 40 and rain south of the Whites.

We'll enjoy this one, then be more jealous.

In all seriousness, I hope you guys get crushed and this storm doesn't slip away like a little bitch. You guys got robbed in the last event. You are due. I spent like 15+ years on these boards in MD watching BOS get slammed with massive blizzards and being jealous. I want to see that BOS again. :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

In all seriousness, I hope you guys get crushed and this storm doesn't slip away like a little bitch. You guys got robbed in the last event. You are due. I spent like 15+ years on these boards in MD watching BOS get slammed with massive blizzards and being jealous. I want to see that BOS again. :) 

Yeah we aren't very liked in the MA forum. Really, all the other forums too (PHL and especially NYC).

There is some kind of cult like weird following from other regional posters about anything BOS when it comes to snow, especially if it's a EMass special storm. They're always comparing and keeping up to date with what BOS is forecasted and the final total.

Think the run in 2015 was the final nail in the coffin in terms of everyone outside of NE hating NE and BOS.

1 minute ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Shame this thing is hauling ass. This thing is juiced and could be dropping prolific amounts if it wasn't in a fast flow and slowed down for an extra 6-12 hours.

After the last debacle on the immediate coast on Monday, I'll be fully satisfied with 6"-8".

Well it also isn't an occluded POS so there are pros and cons

1 minute ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Shame this thing is hauling ass. This thing is juiced and could be dropping prolific amounts if it wasn't in a fast flow and slowed down for an extra 6-12 hours.

After the last debacle on the immediate coast on Monday, I'll be fully satisfied with 6"-8".

The thing is, this storm can offset its speed by strengthening quicker.  It will give the feel of slowing down, but in reality it is still moving, 15 hours instead of 12 or 9.  There is still a large difference between a 990mb low and a 979mb low on the benchmark.

7 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

The thing is, this storm can offset its speed by strengthening quicker.  It will give the feel of slowing down, but in reality it is still moving, 15 hours instead of 12 or 9.  There is still a large difference between a 990mb low and a 979mb low on the benchmark.

Don't think you want it too strong Jimmy. The stronger the storm, the more amped it will be likely.

You're sitting pretty right now. Would probably want it a few degrees colder at the onset so when it does wetbulb down, you're not seeing white rain for hours.

2 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Don't think you want it too strong Jimmy. The stronger the storm, the more amped it will be likely.

You're sitting pretty right now. Would probably want it a few degrees colder at the onset so when it does wetbulb down, you're not seeing white rain for hours.

The dynamics cool the column from the top down.