• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

February Banter 2021

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

DCHoff has moved the goalposts more today than the UMaryland student section will if the Terps ever beat Ohio State in a football game at College Park. 

Mid-late feb sun angle

This is a totally unrelated question to anything - does LWX "filter" spotter reports or "blacklist" people if they submit too many sketchy reports? I know spotters get the Basics I training - but with the huge influx in local spotters thanks to CWG and overall interest in weather from social media - if they see that a certain spotter is reporting improper things like funnel clouds when it's scud, wrong snowfall totals (inflated or way too low) - do they eventually just stop using that spotter's data? 

Just now, pazzo83 said:

is anyone factoring in the angle of the cold???

No. Just the angle of the bad posts by JiHoff

Also...does anybody else here get irrationally frustrated when their non-weather friends/coworkers insist that it is "hailing" outside in winter? And when corrected they are emphatic that no...they are correct and that ice balls are hail? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Mappy is this close to driving to his house and burning it to the ground.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bmadid8efs9w6hr7kx1

@mappy wouldn't do this unless I made a map and committed major mapping no-nos. I'd omit a legend/color scale, put incorrect data on it, put a city or two in the wrong place and use the worst projection possible. Then she might do this.  

5 minutes ago, EHoffman said:

I know you all aren't declaring victory 72 hours in advance.

Of course not.  Nobody would be dumb enough to make a declarative statement about a storm 3 days away.  Especially make a post about it that could be bumped every so often.  That'd be crazy.

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Also...does anybody else here get irrationally frustrated when their non-weather friends/coworkers insist that it is "hailing" outside in winter? And when corrected they are emphatic that no...they are correct and that ice balls are hail? 

Yes, this drives me nuts

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Mappy is this close to driving to his house and burning it to the ground.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bmadid8efs9w6hr7kx1

She only gets this mad when her chocolate gets mixed in with peanut butter

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

She only gets this mad when her chocolate gets mixed in with peanut butter

There are people that don't like chocolate and pb mixed? Wtf is wrong w people?

17 minutes ago, EHoffman said:

Jeez saying it's not gonna snow 6" is like a federal offense around here.

That was NOT what you did. For repeated posts. That everyone saw. And half of us bookmarked. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Def wait at least until tomorrow eve if possible but if I were in your shoes I'd grab a wed flight if we're still looking at the same thing the euro/gfs are spitting out. Even if snow fails, if it's still looking like rain with temps in the 20s @ IAD thurs the risk of sig delays and/or cancellations is pretty high. The is the first one of these waves to hit with temps being below freezing for 24+ hours straight before it starts

Thanks Bob 

P.s.....good to have you back!  I don't post much but have enjoyed your posts for years.

• Thanks 1

This one is going to really hurt when it's puking snowballs at PSU's house and raining in the cities... again... 

on the bright side, a storm starting out as nothing, getting way better right up to kickoff before getting reverse-NAM'd is the only square left on my bingo card

Alright, this is the one at Day three that won't slip through our fingers.  Just this one.
gfs-ensemble-all-avg-ma-precip_6hr_ptype_multimember_panel-3660400.thumb.png.745141fe04c5b359a36b662e7ba00d96.png
gfs-ensemble-all-avg-ma-snow_24hr-3714400.thumb.png.88000de668b789d0a5ba53af20030f14.png

Think that mean includes a ton of sleet for me in CHO but that’s the weeniest mean I’ve seen since being down here so imma frame that up and hang it on my wall.
  • Like 1

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

Think that mean includes a ton of sleet for me in CHO but that’s the weeniest mean I’ve seen since being down here so imma frame that up and hang it on my wall.

For sure, I can see you trying to explain it to people during college parties!

• Like 1

FFS... it is raining its ass off here (official observation). It seems whenever there is cold air in place we get 48-72 hours of pixie dust. Hate to sound like deb... but looking out the window is a disaster. Make it stop!!! :arrowhead:

2 minutes ago, KAOS said:

FFS... it is raining its ass off here (official observation). It seems whenever there is cold air in place we get 48-72 hours of pixie dust. Hate to sound like deb... but looking out the window is a disaster. Make it stop!!! :arrowhead:

.5" QPF at 34F since 10pm... what a waste of a winter shellacking 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SnowDreamer said:

.5" QPF at 34F since 10pm... what a waste of a winter shellacking

Welcome to the Home of Cold Rain! We rock!!! Can't wait for the drought this summer... we overperform in that arena as well.

man it's hard to believe some of us have been on these boards for 20-25 years.  I joined WWBB after the March 2001 debacle searching the internet for a gd explanation as to wtf happened.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxrThtjhLteAKgpq_M72O

Just make the call

It's a trap!!! Maybe next time Reaper.

tenor.gif

• Haha 3