George BM

February Banter 2021

9 hours ago, ovechkin said:

VV was never intended to start 11 games in a row. The D is terrible and they can’t win a face off.

@Deer Whisperer @nj2va @nw baltimore wx

Orlov needs to be traded, but the D in general is way too soft. I do like Samsonov. Praying he gets the nod Tuesday. Agree they couldn’t win a face off, but when you play lazy and with no energy or passion (even our stars), you won’t win anything. And don’t get me started on Kuzy. He might as well be named Semin. Maybe package him and Orlov? I dunno. I’m just frustrated with this team right now. I’ll just hope we can have a better showing tomorrow.

Mike Seidel was on I-20 in Monroe, LA and compared it to the NY State Thruway in the lake effect belt. 100 yard visibility in heavy snow. I’ve never seen anything like that in my life. This storm is amazing.

• Like 4

Just now, cigrgd said:

Mike Seidel was on I-20 in Monroe, LA and compared it to the NY State Thruway in the lake effect belt. 100 yard visibility in heavy snow. I’ve never seen anything like that in my life. This storm is amazing.

It is a convective band that is pouring snow.  Fantastic.

Who would have thought that Jeb would move to TEXAS and get more snow than here in the mid-atlantic. The world has gone mad. Congratz Jeb!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

-9 here in NE Colorado. Got to -11 last night with similar or colder tonight. The coldest reading I ever got when I lived in MD was 1 degree.

-14 overnight, but already up to 0 this morning!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

It is colder in Houston right now than it has been at DCA for years.  This is amazing stuff.

i mean we shouldn't expect a tropical climate like DC has to get that cold I suppose

6 hours ago, Jebman said:

Snow is slowing down a little now, 9 degrees, winds are all over the place, measuring snow is going to be a challenge. Might have to take about 100 readings then average them lol. Looks like about 6 inches easy, may be 7. Will look over the trained spotter reports later, refine and tweak my findings. Snow still coming down, not quite as crazy hard. Got a BIG 8 inch drift on the deck. Might have to get a Deck Pic or two later.

Congrats! Do you have a snow shovel down there? Make a big pile!

lol at the long range thread this morning. 

10 hours ago, Jebman said:

13 degrees now and pretty heavy snow. I went out there and just breathed in a deep deep breath of 14-degree snow filled air! Wow all the myriads of flakes in the outside lights! I think we just might be getting 2 inch per hour rates. At least 2 inches out there right now and really coming down, just blowing and blowing past the big light out in the field!

That's awesome. I can't remember the last time I experienced thundersnow. Might have been the Feb 1983 "megapolitan" storm when I was at Rutgers.

If ever I questioned taking a break from the board for a couple day what I just read today tells me I made the right call. 

When it gets to Thursday and precip is actually falling as shown today then I’ll believe it

I think I’m up to 50” of modeled snow that hasn’t happened. Will I get more???????

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, H2O said:

I think I’m up to 50” of modeled snow that hasn’t happened. Will I get more???????

Day-4-land this year has been incredible for us.  Would be close to our snowiest winter ever by now.

Just now, EHoffman said:

Day-4-land this year has been incredible for us.  Would be close to our snowiest winter ever by now.

If we added up the ensemble mean snow maps from day three -four all year we’d be over 30” lol.

8 minutes ago, Paleocene said:

Yeah, if I get more than my traditional 1" of inside the beltway slop on Thursday I'll be giddy

Expectations are incredibly low for me. Literally all I'd like to see is snow that doesn't melt on contact. If I can get 2" of decent snow followed by a glacier of ice on top... :tomato:

• Like 1

Here's what I've learned this AM:

Storm thread creation is serious, serious biz.

If you watch an old movie, you're old?   Folks who like the Wizard of Oz, I have some news...

And poor Short Pump.

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Here's what I've learned this AM:

Storm thread creation is serious, serious biz.

If you watch an old movie, you're old?   Folks who like the Wizard of Oz, I have some news...

Maybe we are double jinxing it by whining about it for three pages instead of just starting one.  Inquiring minds would like to know.

Just now, mappy said:

Are we that superstitious? we could never make a thread and its gonna do what its gonna do with or without it. 

Yes. I am that superstitious. We’ve seen what happens when we have done it this year. Could we just once see what happens when we don’t?

There are just some things you don’t do. You don’t talk about the fact that the pitcher hasn’t given up a hit with one out to go in the ninth. You just don’t do it.

• Like 6

Just now, LP08 said:

Maybe we are double jinxing it by whining about it for three pages instead of just starting one.  Inquiring minds would like to know.

I really hope people are joking re: superstition 

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

Yes. I am that superstitious. We’ve seen what happens when we have done it this year. Could we just once see what happens when we don’t?

There are just some things you don’t do. You don’t talk about the fact that the pitcher hasn’t given up a hit with one out to go in the ninth. You just don’t do it.

how much you willing to pay me? 

5 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

Expectations are incredibly low for me. Literally all I'd like to see is snow that doesn't melt on contact. If I can get 2" of decent snow followed by a glacier of ice on top... :tomato:

We all agree. Just dont forget that the description in your post was supposed to have already happened. My muddy yard laughs hysterically at BobChill's posts from a week or so ago

• Haha 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

I sometimes think people are being serious....like they are that superstitious.   Winterwxlvr might be joking tho.....:unsure:

No, I am really that superstitious. 

• Like 1