Ralph Wiggum

January 31-February 2, 2021 Major Winter Storm Observations

Might be some good news finally.  Radar starting to fill in in SNJ,  CC radar showing sleet deteriorating rapidly.  Hopefully within an hour everyone is snowing.  Question then remains how much longer and how heavy.

Just now, hazwoper said:

It’s changing to snow

That's what I was hoping.  The mesoscale situation is very weird.  Where did that swath of warm air come from and at what height?  Never saw that before.

14 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

It took over 14 hours but now getting flakes.  Good sized ones too... not the fine stuff like what was mixed in with the FZRA/sleet earlier.  This seems to be all wet snow.

Seconded about to measure and clear all the sleet from the board.  Didnt bother to clear it since sleet started since I figured it wouldn't compact much.  

Mount Holly is showing my town as having 12.5" of snowfall accumulation @ 1:25 pm by a trained spotter but I was just out there and it seems like at least few inches more then that.

I waited two hours for the snow to get death brandish so I could get out in it, now just as soon as I get tied up inside it's crushing death band rate 

Well looks like it's dry slot time lol another thing that wasn't modeled at all. Just an unbelievable bust here...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Well looks like it's dry slot time lol another thing that wasn't modeled at all. Just an unbelievable bust here...

Wont it fill in soon?