Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 31-February 2, 2021 Major Winter Storm Observations

Ralph Wiggum

5 minutes ago, Animal said:

Yea.. I am 1/2 mile crows fly  from Delaware or so.. let’s grab the alter and talk!!

Ha yes I am about a mile south of the PA border so I relate more to Delco weather and PHL vs ILG. We always flirt with disaster in these types of storms. We are probably closing in on 5” or so which is disappointing. But maybe we cash in here on some more tonight. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, famartin said:

:lol:

You know I'd like to. But competition is fierce. And I'm a slacker, lets be honest. I could find some similarly nice spots if I was willing to drive farther every day (probably wouldn't be all that different of a commute length if I lived in the Sourlands and worked at Mt. Holly, since that's probably a good 40 minute drive at a good time of day).

Well where you are is a lot better than Elko.   Love your avatar by the way.

4 minutes ago, famartin said:

:lol:

You know I'd like to. But competition is fierce. And I'm a slacker, lets be honest. I could find some similarly nice spots if I was willing to drive farther every day (probably wouldn't be all that different of a commute length if I lived in the Sourlands and worked at Mt. Holly, since that's probably a good 40 minute drive at a good time of day).

Walt Drag in his final tour lived in Sussex county..commuted to the mt Holly office. stayed in a hotel 3/4x nights a week...true story. Diamond hands Walt Drag for life.

6 minutes ago, bluehens said:

Ha yes I am about a mile south of the PA border so I relate more to Delco weather and PHL vs ILG. We always flirt with disaster in these types of storms. We are probably closing in on 5” or so which is disappointing. But maybe we cash in here on some more tonight. 

Where do you live? I live just 2.5 miles north of the border in Chadds Ford, PA, one mile south of Route 1.

4 minutes ago, wkd said:

Well where you are is a lot better than Elko.   Love your avatar by the way.

Thanks lol. And yes it is. I'm not complaining. I'd love to be at Mt. Holly, but its a tough sell to lateral these days, and I'm probably not going to be a manager one day, so I'm probably here forever. Mildly disappointing, but I guess I'll live with it.

3 minutes ago, Animal said:

Walt Drag in his final tour lived in Sussex county..commuted to the mt Holly office. stayed in a hotel 3/4x nights a week...true story. Diamond hands Walt Drag for life.

I'd probably live in Jersey and work here in VA if that was feasible for me :lol:  Maybe one day...

NWS updated if it hasn't been posted 

https://www.weather.gov/phi/winter

4-7" more for Hunterdon-Somerset-Middlesex-Western Monmouth-Mercer-Western Montgomery-Eastern Montgomery-Upper Bucks-Lower Bucks

4-8" more fo Berks-Delaware-Philadelphia-Western Chester-Eastern Chester

7-10" more for Sussex-Warren-Morris-Carbon-Monroe-Lehigh-Northampton

3-5" more for Eastern Monmouth-Ocean-Southeastern Burlington

3-6" more for New Castle-Salem-Gloucester-Camden-Northwestern Burlington

Time to put the bad taste of sleet, suckage death bands and warm bubbles behind and enjoy a great storm

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Heaviest snow of the day....newly formed band stationary over Bucks and Montco. 8.25" 28F

Ugh I'm cursed today. First the sleet then stuck in this dry air. Can't that band just drift north a little bit! I'm honestly considering trekking down to my parents in levittown if this keeps up... 

9 minutes ago, famartin said:

I'd probably live in Jersey and work here in VA if that was feasible for me :lol:  Maybe one day...

Yea.. he had a woman or something per my short talks.I  Used to live in highland lakes.. every time I told him my elevation he was a smart ass..sense  of humor..let’s get you an oxygen tank etc.

34 minutes ago, bluehens said:

Snow growth slowly improving finally here in northern DE. Would be nice to squeeze out like 3-4” more

Where in Northern DE do you live? I live one mile south of Route 1, in Chadds Ford Township, Delaware County (one mile south of the Chadds Ford Township Bldg.)