• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

I’m sorry. This is simply really wimpy. Even under the darker blues its hust heavier pixie dust flakes.  WAA is usually much more impressive. Considering what this was showing 24 hours ago and will do to PHL to NYC... one big meh. 

guess I’m the Debbie downer for the day.

4 minutes ago, real said:

Chuck Bell on NBC 4 just said he sees the dry slot in West Virginia, and he is "worried" that is heading to DC area and "will cut down on snow totals"

Seems to me most of the short term models say the moment starts coming north and so we avoid the WV dryslot. Anyway, 1.5" here and think 4" is a good target for DC area. 

Just now, ovechkin said:

I’m sorry. This is simply really wimpy. Even under the darker blues its hust heavier pixie dust flakes.  WAA is usually much more impressive. Considering what this was showing 24 hours ago and will do to PHL to NYC... one big meh. 

guess I’m the Debbie downer for the day.

You must have a microclimate. It's been pretty good so far here in Colesville. You've been pretty down on this event the entire time it seems...not just today. 

• Like 1

Just now, MillvilleWx said:

If that ends up being the location of the 7H low, I wouldn't even bother with tomorrow. That's way too north for everyone here. Flakes will fly, but wouldn't amount to anything. 

I will toss it :P   Getting ready for the snow to arrive here shortly . Cloud deck lowering :sled:

1 minute ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Should we be concerned about this slot of dry air approaching from the west and moving into our area, or will it fill in before it gets closer to us. Also I think Richmond might have more snow than us. Either way in Western Fairfax all roads are snowy and around 1.5-2 inches of snow has fallen. 

Enjoy the snow! Don't worry about a potential dry slot. It's pretty out there! 

There's patchy radar coverage in that area and it always shows less snow than is actually there. Just look at the LWX radar you can even see the beam with a little slice cut out of it. If we spend all day hand wringing about dry slots we'll miss the great powder falling now. Take the Jebman approach!

1 minute ago, Kmlwx said:

Enjoy the snow! Don't worry about a potential dry slot. It's pretty out there! 

There's patchy radar coverage in that area and it always shows less snow than is actually there. Just look at the LWX radar you can even see the beam with a little slice cut out of it. If we spend all day hand wringing about dry slots we'll miss the great powder falling now. Take the Jebman approach!

Anytime decent green returns "cloud up" the beam shadow, I know it's still going to be good for a time. 

6 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

The problem is that the exact surface low location doesn’t matter too much for us.  The target is still Long Island/NYC/Northern NJ.

Might be logging off for the rest of the event. I have a ton of friends who work at Mount Holly and CTP. If the NAM's and the latest Hi Res are right, they are going to get absolutely hammered by the public. It would be a terrible time to score a coup for the NAM. If my map busts, oh well. If theirs does, they take a beating. What a massive kick in the groin if this model suite is right.

• Sad 5

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic