Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31 - Feb 1 Event - STORM MODE THREAD

stormtracker

25 minutes ago, CavalierHoo said:

Why such a passive aggressive approach to this guy for the second time tonight?  The UKMET is further south and lower in totals than most models.  I'm sure you know this.  Can't people post their opinions in this thread without a douchy comment?  Practically half of the posts in this thread are about IMBY.  Seems like the regulars get away with this.....regularly, without any gruff.  Lighten up dude.  Enjoy the snow. 

Actually, it's the 3rd time tonight.   

And he's constantly been posting junk, even before tonight.  Learn to read a room before you lecture.

But yeah, I'm good.  

• Like 1

Just now, ErinInTheSky said:

If I didn't know what the other models were saying, I'd love the Euro, but I hate it so much right now.

I lost an inch or so on this run, VA burbs lose 2-3". Baltimore gains though.

The storm is too complex for a global model to get the dryslot location right...It's a cautionary tale.  I don't think the euro has the details right....NW of the cities will probably do better than the cities, except NE MD...

• Like 3

We got the full tuck. Better track. Further SW. but it didn’t really work out to a better result. The WAA really got suppressed. That hurt DC south. Most places lost 1-3” there. Then we got stuck in the dry slot too long. And despite a better deform band it didn’t extend as far south into VA despite a further southwest stall of the surface low. That part shocked me. I looked at the slp first and expected a better result then what I saw when I looked at the qpf. 

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic