Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 3rd - 5th Potential strong stm threat

Brian D

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Even with the more favorable trends, I don't think I could go more than 2" here yet.  Temps are just too marginal to feel confident in anything higher.  If it absolutely rips for a few hours, then could maybe argue for more.

6z HRRR has some nice rippage for a while.

Definitely has that thump look. Would be nice to see a few hours of heavy snow. DTW has not officially had heavy snow yet this season, have had moderate snow several times (I had hvy on Christmas, just not officially). Last SN+ was Apr 17 when visibility was 1/8 mile. In fact the much maligned 2019-20 winter reported SN+ on 8 different days. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Definitely has that thump look. Would be nice to see a few hours of heavy snow. DTW has not officially had heavy snow yet this season, have had moderate snow several times (I had hvy on Christmas, just not officially). Last SN+ was Apr 17 when visibility was 1/8 mile. In fact the much maligned 2019-20 winter reported SN+ on 8 different days. 

We are gonna rip for a few solid hours homie! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Agreed, it’s been a while. Looks like we’ll get 4-6 hours of decent rates tomorrow. Hard to say how much will accumulate at first, but should really start to get going right before it quits Thursday evening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mimillman said:

GFS means business, thinking ratios probably closer to the 8:1 variety on this?

Was surprised that LOT didn't mention the heavy/wet nature of the snow in the afd.  They are playing up the blowing snow threat but given the temp profiles aloft and marginal sfc temps, it sure looks like a wet snow until we get toward the end. 

• Like 1