Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 30-February 1 Winter Storm

Hoosier

13 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Definitely a tough zone to be in for good snowstorms (detroit, 401 to toronto). No block, we get a GHD type that goes NW. Block, the precip dissipates as it enters the region. Getting the block to setup in the right place is like russian roulette. We need an old fashioned gulf low, riding into arctic air. Good to see some areas that haven't seen much cashing in with this one.

Sure. ORD at 14.6" on the season. They need a storm, stat.

• Like 1

Just now, Snowstorms said:

Not feeling very optimistic about this one for us. Strong blocking and lingering dry air basically shred this system as it tries to push north. Unless something drastically changes over the next 2 days, I wouldn't count on anything. Because of the block it literally moves N then E then N again. A NAO block is okay if its more towards Greenland and further east. Any block around Baffin Island is just bad all around. I’m hoping we can score something by mid Feb. The next storm is looking like a rainer for us. 

Congrats to the Chicago crew. 

First whiff a roo from the EURO. Could be an aberration.  Wouldnt give up yet on a lighter snowfall at least. 

But, yeah, the setup does not bode well for us.  Would need to thread the needle with a west based NAO. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Been a long time since we have had this kind of agreement. Lets start bumping the QPF and make er a big dog. 

Can we compromise and keep QPF as is and have the cold air more prominent further South? It would benefit you just the same by increasing ratio rather than moisture content.

That said, only good thing about this system is it puts me one closer to the next big one here. Who knows how long that will take though :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This seems like the models are in agreement unlike the last storm in the Midwest (Madison getting 6 inches!?!?!)

I could see a scenario where the tracks are wrong but the models all changing in a similar way or is that too simplistic of a view? 

Not sure what I'd do with 2 storms in a week. But hey, the kids still got a "snow day" even with remote learning!