• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 25-26th Potential Something Part 3

Chicago Storm

Snowfall here (I know I'm not Cyclone but I'm excited to see flakes this size) is picking up over time, as is accumulation efficiency. Everything was wet so it took a second of course. Right now It's moderate/borderline heavy with consistent cotton balls for the last half hour. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

What is the consistency of the snow like there?

Small flakes now that we're back to light snow, but under the enhanced band that came through flake size was quite nice.  Snow rates outside the enhanced bands are pretty poor.  This is gonna be a long duration thing, so it's gonna take all night to build up amounts to what we expect/hope.  Haven't measured, but looks like a good half inch to inch so far but there's lots of blowing making it hard to tell by glancing out the window.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Natester said:

You know, it would only be fitting if this dry air pocket stuck in place for the whole storm and CR doesn't even crack an inch.  I know that won't happen but still.

HRRR and RAP both give you guys another 0.5" of precip through tomorrow, which should be a good 6-7" easily.  Cedar Rapids will not be denied this winter, we all know that lol.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

Snowing at a decent clip in those brief bands but in between a combo of pixie dust , light sleet and freezing drizzle

first band enough to whiten car windshields and parts of the parking lot 

Moved about 3 miles more north to the north side of the city ..more snow up this way then where I was a bit ago 

maybe 1/2 inch 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

Snowing at a decent clip in those brief bands but in between a combo of pixie dust , light sleet and freezing drizzle

first band enough to whiten car windshields and parts of the parking lot 

No idea why the news is still saying 1-3in here. We will be lucky to hit an inch. Going to get dry slotted for 2nd time today. Lol. And the dude complaining in CR can shove it. You been spoiled all season. Nearing end of January and haven't even surpassed winter storm warning criteria for season total. Lol

• Haha 1