Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 25-26th Potential Something Part 3

Chicago Storm

9 minutes ago, Luftfeuchtigkeit said:

6.2" out there with more to come still this morning. This banding has worked out well. 

It seems more often than not, while the low pressure didn't go further north, the bands always end up further north than modeled a few days ago. Probably due to the weakening nature of the low, allowing the banding to wander north more. Definitely the trend the past few winters, weakening as it moves E/SE. Enjoy the snow those of you getting it. I wonder if detroit will get a 4+ snowstorm this winter, one that doesn't take 10 hours to get that 4.

• Like 1

Truly a pleasant surprise up here in Wisconsin!  Very impressive wind sounds, too, at least from my bed, although I might think differently when I have a look at the driveway.  Friends who are out and about around Madison say the drifts are piling up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, michsnowfreak said:

With but a few exceptions this entire storm has been a joke compared to what it once was just about everywhere. 1 inch.of heavy snow here. im wondering if its sleet tainted.

I shouldn’t complain we just had 1.8” in 70 mins here. Probably another 1-2” today. I guess it met forecast 

Just now, DaveNay said:

The times they are a changin'. My son's school district doesn't have a snow day today - they have an unscheduled e-learning day instead.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

There’s school closings in the Detroit area. No joke 1-2” otg this morning and there’s closings 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo6899 said:

Detroit, downriver, and east of glacier rudge always find a way into the drysluot*.

No they don't. This "storm" they did, as expected. Those same regions had the higher totals Nov 22, Dec 1, Dec 17, Dec 25.

The writings been on the wall for this one for days but its amazing how the models struggled even in the nowcast timing pretty much everywhere.

23 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

10.3" (0.47" liquid) at DSM as of midnight. And been snowing since. What a winter for them.

Mood snows here this morning. Little bit of freezing drizzle overnight. Glaciated. 

Make that 12.6" total as of 6:00 AM. 41.6" on the season there now. Killing it.

• Like 1

Just now, michsnowfreak said:

No they don't. This "storm" they did, as expected. Those same regions had the higher totals Nov 19, Dec 1, Dec 17, Dec 25.

The writings been on the wall for this one for days but its amazing how the models struggled even in the nowcast timing pretty much everywhere.

Lol, Those were all 18 hr dusters to get 3 inches. Congrats to us. You cant count those as actual snowstorms. Those events prob didnt even have a dry slot. Come on josh. Just for once admit east of the glacier ridge sucks for snowstorms. Enjoy your snow y'all. Send pics to remind josh what a real 6 inch snow looks like.

Just went outside. Have probably around 2.5" here and it's very cakey stuff. All trees, signs are plastered. No accumulation on the roads overnight.

Going to end up very far below my call here in a somewhat frustrating event but at the very least this should stick around for a bit. Maybe we get something from the weekend to layer on top.

LE later looks to favor southern Cook and Lake, IN counties.

7 minutes ago, mimillman said:

Just went outside. Have probably around 2.5" here and it's very cakey stuff. All trees, signs are plastered. No accumulation on the roads overnight.

Going to end up very far below my call here in a somewhat frustrating event but at the very least this should stick around for a bit. Maybe we get something from the weekend to layer on top.

LE later looks to favor southern Cook and Lake, IN counties.

Whe did modeling start showing areas like Madison receiving warning type snows? You still might receive some help from lake. Here expecting maybe 1" additional