Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

My son in Omaha is expected to get 14 to 18, he has 8 so far.

Yeah NE/IA are getting it good.  LOT sees 6-8 with some higher spots in lake enhanced areas here-snow has begun.  But honestly the burst last Tuesday evening that caught m while driving to the market was pretty good.  Winter is back!

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You failed to see my sarcasm. I know you like the big ones. You area is one of the best for peak climo big dogs too...I think you have more 18+ events in the last 10 years then I will have in my entire lifetime if I stay here and live to be 70.

18z tossed.

• Like 1

that euro run ..just got to see it ( 12z ) - f'n shit day at stress filled heads down work.  feb 1-3rd

i hate life

but that looked to me like 27 consecutive hours of moderate snow .. probably 1.25" every 1hr or two the whole way ...

Closing mid level heights coring another 12 dm deeper crawling E along the S shore, with a collocated 990 mb low going deeper only enhancing saturated easerly flow anomaly right in...  and ample cold -2 C isothermal under the mid levels that frankly would have to have a couple meso bands in there that exceed that general notion above even ? 

Whatever guidance says about snow totals in that look ... double it!

or, the model is wrong and that doesn't verify with that evolution - take one's pick.

Am aware that other guidance and/or ensemble members may or may not agree ...blah blah...

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

@ORH_wxman weeklies? When you get a chance, thanks.

They are ok. Nothing amazing. We keep the -NAO until it breaks down during the 3rd week of February. 

Aleutian ridge becomes more poleward too later in the month. Might mean more gradient but who knows. Past week 3 has the usual caveats. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

that euro run ..just got to see it ( 12z ) - f'n shit day at stress filled heads down work.  feb 1-3rd

i hate life

but that looked to me like 27 consecutive hours of moderate snow .. probably 1.25" every 1hr or two the whole way ...

Closing mid level heights coring another 12 dm deeper crawling E along the S shore, with a collocated 990 mb low going deeper only enhancing saturated easerly flow anomaly right in...  and ample cold -2 C isothermal under the mid levels that frankly would have to have a couple meso bands in there that exceed that general notion above even ? 

Whatever guidance says about snow totals in that look ... double it!

or, the model is wrong and that doesn't verify with that evolution - take one's pick.

Am aware that other guidance and/or ensemble members may or may not agree ...blah blah...

Sounds like you are describing 5-6” qpf all snow. Can’t freaking wait! 

• Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

we'd probably want the primary south of Chicago yes?

Nah that’s perfect. 
that ain’t goin nowhere but due East to a MB destiny

-impressive multi scale supportive synoptic parametric layout there for D 6 / 51 members too. Woosh 

• Like 2

If this lot survives the overnight I’ll start a thread in the morning if people want - or somebody else can I think it be justified

This morning it seem like it was lacking some PNA support mostly was based on the decaying NAO dispersion stuff but now it seems like it’s got the ladder and the former working together plus seen that euro ensemble family and the euro operational and I don’t know I just think this is getting to be over 50% for a significant player

• Like 1

It’s a rather unique scenario… Looking at the GEF mean and spread… Remarkably low spread really considering the time range ... but it starts snowing around 140 hours and it’s maximizing at 168 hours and then dying a slow death for the next 12 to 18 hours after that

it really is a Tele connector ‘Lagrange point’ low

It’s moving at the planetary wave scale motion that’s why it’s moving so slow trapped in the node between decaying NAO and the emerging PNAP ridge

Doesn’t have to be excessively deep… In fact you almost don’t want it to be that way given that super structure(s)

some of the biggest snow producers I’ve ever seen we’re off of 990-996 mbers ... saturated cold easterly 850-700 mbar jet over Northeast underneath

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

If this lot survives the overnight I’ll start a thread in the morning if people want - or somebody else can I think it be justified

This morning it seem like it was lacking some PNA support mostly was based on the decaying NAO dispersion stuff but now it seems like it’s got the ladder and the former working together plus seen that euro ensemble family and the euro operational and I don’t know I just think this is getting to be over 50% for a significant player

Go ahead and start a thread tomorrow if we’re still looking good. You mentioned this system a few days ago in a lengthy post...so take it home. 

I doubt the threat is going anywhere as I agree with the reasons you have brought forth. It’s the strongest signal we’ve seen since the 12/17 storm which we tracked from 8-9 days out...this one has that type of look that produces the staying power on guidance. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Go for it ...you do a good job laying it all out there...and I do mean ALL of if...haha

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It’s a rather unique scenario… Looking at the GEF mean and spread… Remarkably low spread really considering the time range ... but it starts snowing around 140 hours and it’s maximizing at 168 hours and then dying a slow death for the next 12 to 18 hours after that

it really is a Tele connector ‘Lagrange point’ low

It’s moving at the planetary wave scale motion that’s why it’s moving so slow trapped in the node between decaying NAO and the emerging PNAP ridge

You can say that again...even though the para is south it snows over Maryland for close to 60 hours lol.