Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

42 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

D6 looks like an overrunning snow/ice type threat....could morph into a Miller B, but it's certainly further north than previous threats.....makes sense as the block is further north by that point.

It's interesting to me that we ( at least I ... ) have not seen a cross-polar Siberian express -type conveyor orient its self through this PV weakening saga this mid winter.  It's been like that above.. the flow sort of migrant around lily-pad blocks and ridge bombs -  ...sort of ending up with  weird hemisphere that's difficult to really ascertain the R-wave counts...but there are those nodal cold wells in the rampart around like we see above.   It's not a 'kidney bean' look where you have a nice arced NE Pac hemispheric footed ridge that -EPO pulses and the flow transports. 

Meh...there's enough cold and that's a stormy look.  Just an odd observation

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Dude, there is no doubt you savor a few extra moments with your verbose tushy absorbing the solar irradiance from the car seat approaching the ides of Feb. Then you sit and wait for it to snow lightly during the afternoon, and struggle to adhere to the windshield in subfreezing air...sick bastard.

I do now fo' sho' ...

I lost a lot of weight.  I'm a fairly tall guy at 6'2" ...so toting around 230 physique before, it wasn't like I had some unsightly front-butt or anything.  Taller people spread it around yuck ..  Anyway, now I weigh like 180  -or as of last check.  Maybe 185 mid winter lbs.   By choice ... lifestyle adaptions.  And I don't really eat much sugary shit like ever.. Not shy about vegetables and Nature's natural candies ...like melon, berries and mango fruit.  It's amazing, that kind of sugar makes you lose weight - fascinating. Once you get used to eating that, it can almost be too much.  Telling you ..industrialization of foods has seriously f-ed the human palate into a captive provisional psychology.

I work out every day ... except about once per two weeks on average. Oh, I'll get invited to some distancing- protocols violation .. Or, finally it just catches up and I need the rest..I did that two days ago. I notice it's time when I feel like I'm breaking speed records on the stationary bike, ...come to find I'm five minutes slower - D'oh.  I can do this because I sequence between Elliptical, Peloton, and 10 K runs ... start over rince repeat...Such that there's 4 days between the next time I do them - Those are different muscles I guess... it works for me. 

Anyway, where I'm going is that I get cold ?  ...I do... I have to have my house at 72 now or my hands get cold. I have noticed since losing weight that a situation like that is more and more so a welcoming sensation. If it were like 48 F late March day and I wanna run to the store, my car is so cozy.  Lol

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Just looking at eps....I think we have our best shots 2/10-12 and 2/14-16.    Rays plane grounded in Vegas for the latter?   He’s got a week to concoct the best excuse to return early....

Yep that's the period I have been looking at as I said before.  EPS has a prolific 24 hr qpf printout with a large MSLP anomaly at the BM. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I do now fo' sho' ...

I lost a lot of weight.  I'm a fairly tall guy at 6'2" ...so toting around 230 physique before, it wasn't like I had some unsightly front-butt or anything.  Taller people spread it around yuck ..  Anyway, now I weigh like 180  -or as of last check.  Maybe 185 mid winter lbs.   By choice ... lifestyle adaptions.  And I don't really eat much sugary shit like ever.. Not shy about vegetables and Nature's natural candies ...like melon, berries and mango fruit.  It's amazing, that kind of sugar makes you lose weight - fascinating. Once you get used to eating that, it can almost be too much.  Telling you ..industrialization of foods has seriously f-ed the human palate into a captive provisional psychology.

I work out every day ... except about once per two weeks on average. Oh, I'll get invited to some distancing- protocols violation .. Or, finally it just catches up and I need the rest..I did that two days ago. I notice it's time when I feel like I'm breaking speed records on the stationary bike, ...come to find I'm five minutes slower - D'oh.  I can do this because I sequence between Elliptical, Peloton, and 10 K runs ... start over rince repeat...Such that there's 4 days between the next time I do them - Those are different muscles I guess... it works for me. 

Anyway, where I'm going is that I get cold ?  ...I do... I have to have my house at 72 now or my hands get cold. I have noticed since losing weight that a situation like that is more and more so a welcoming sensation. If it were like 48 F late March day and I wanna run to the store, my car is so cozy.  Lol

I'm 5'7" 215...weights 3x weekly, 4.5mi jog 3x weekly....rest once. I'm not immune to the cold, either..but it's a vehicle for snow, and it beats swampass.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its VD Day...I had to. Plus I was hoping I didn't blow Feb and it was a torch lol 

VDay on the Maine coast is quite romantic.  Our 25 year anniversary is tomorrow.    Deciding where to honeymoon in February 1996 was a no brainer.   Maine.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

NAM still showing that weak secondary on Friday . Doesn’t make a huge difference other than it would keep temps near freezing inland and maybe a bit more snow to the NW zones 

mentioned there is some evidence a secondary surface low
could develop along the front as seen in the NAM/Canadian.

Friday morning likely will start off with light snow with the
exception of the immediate southern coastline and Cape/Island. Snow
showers will become light rain as we head throughout the afternoon
hours with the highest terrain of northwestern MA should remain all
snow. There isn`t a ton of moisture either with this system, but
enough to give the higher terrain of the Berkshire between 1 and 2
inches of snow, while the rest of us see a dusting to half an inch.
One thing that could change is if a secondary low develops along the
front it could pull down colder air and possibly give us a higher
snow to liquid ratio - aka more snow.
  • Confused 1