Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I don't see near 50 on any guidance sat and Sunday for even Baltimore.  Where r u exactly?

I'm in AA county. I'm near Crofton. It has 50 Friday, 45 Saturday and 48 Sunday. Yesterday Monday they had 24 and this morning is 36. 31/32 all next week. It will probably catch on today hopefully. 

4 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I'm in AA county. I'm near Crofton. It has 50 Friday, 45 Saturday and 48 Sunday. Yesterday Monday they had 24 and this morning is 36. 31/32 all next week. It will probably catch on today hopefully. 

Forecast highs here low 40s for Sat and Sun, dropping to 34 for Monday.

Mount Holly's take for the Sunday-Monday  potential-

Deterministic guidance over the past 24 hours has taken an eastern shift in a potential surface low track however there`s still quite a bit of spread in the ensemble guidance. I suspect over the next couple of days we`ll see this trend continue as the 250mb jet axis acts as a wall to push the developing low pressure system off shore. However its certainly within the ensemble envelope that we`ll see the low pressure system sneak back inside and towards the coast. So its worth watching for changes but likely the storm will have little impact over the region other than to bring rather cold temperatures to the region. Temps early next week will be running on the order of 10 degrees below normal..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Didn’t see anyone talk about the 0z CMC for mid week storm next week. That looked like it had some serious juice and potential with it. Def a signal from most models in that time frame. I would fully expect that if we could sacrifice Sunday’s system for a doozy middle of next week everyone would be on board.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Mount Holly's take for the Sunday-Monday  potential-

Deterministic guidance over the past 24 hours has taken an eastern shift in a potential surface low track however there`s still quite a bit of spread in the ensemble guidance. I suspect over the next couple of days we`ll see this trend continue as the 250mb jet axis acts as a wall to push the developing low pressure system off shore. However its certainly within the ensemble envelope that we`ll see the low pressure system sneak back inside and towards the coast. So its worth watching for changes but likely the storm will have little impact over the region other than to bring rather cold temperatures to the region. Temps early next week will be running on the order of 10 degrees below normal..

What in the world made accu weather jump the gun forecasting , even though two options were presented, that a huge snowstorm would hit the East Coast ? 

It never was even close .

20 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Clearly I can’t read timestamps.  I was about to respond and say “wow, those trends look great..look at how its sharper and heights are higher on the EC”.  It’s a good thing I stick to being a weenie.  :sled:

The look beyond this period is nuts ! 

The players modeled normally proceed big dog events. I still like 2/10 to 2/17 and even beyond 

Screenshot_20210203-074516_Chrome.jpg.a363b880032ee151e8326d28d546447e.jpg

image.png.ce87c8ef275574b1c41406af22332b9f.png

• Like 3

Just now, JakkelWx said:

This is not an arctic "bust". You're looking at forecasts that are based off the GFS which probably doesn't have a clue. Both the GEFS and EPS support an extended period of much colder than normal temperatures. Relax.

LOL! I know it will be cold, I just had an idea it would be a bit colder!

• Like 2

Just now, JakkelWx said:

This is not an arctic "bust". You're looking at forecasts that are based off the GFS which probably doesn't have a clue. Both the GEFS and EPS support an extended period of much colder than normal temperatures. Relax.

Check this out   - 4    Wow !! 

gfs_nh-namindex_20210202.png

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, frd said:

What in the world made accu weather jump the gun forecasting , even though two options were presented, that a huge snowstorm would hit the East Coast ? 

It never was even close .

Because the benefits are so high (if there is one, crowing press release about how they are better than the NWS and called it well ahead of time ) and the downside so low (if there isn't one, basically a handful of people on this board or like them even notice or care). 

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Only bust I've seen all winter is the predicted torches by guidance and many pros . Hope it continues.  It's been 30 s ,40s and some 20s highs here for 6 weeks + . Never even a mini torch . Plenty of "cold enough " air around to score . We were simply unlucky ....but the last 4 days we scored . Hopefully more to come .

I agree whole heartedly. We don't need record cold.  As long as its not 38 in Pittsburgh when a storm is approaching.  Everything looks good in loading to source region with deep cold.  Better than any point so far.

• Like 1