• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

So I see we get the track we want but the storm weakens considerably...honestly this has been one of the most difficult years I can remember to get snow. If it’s not the track it’s the lack of cold air, if it’s not cold air the system cuts, if it doesn’t cut it weakens considerably. This is frustrating.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Nam is inching farther north, but is weaksauce. Rgem looks like a decent light event....general 3 to 5 inches.

Won't be enough for a snow day, but will be a good topper if it materializes. The students were mentioning this week how much it stinks that we have yet to get a snow day. (The teachers agree on the inside. lol)

Even with Virtual learning now a thing, my boss is firm on snow days being snow days.

Absurd. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

Glad you guys finally got some snow cover there too. From the snowfall reports, it looks like north of Buffalo and then areas of the Finger Lakes (like Geneva) may still have grass showing.

Yeah I drove the length of Buffalo along Bailey Avenue (near the eastern border of the city), and only the most southern quarter of the city has snowcover. 

• Sad 1

Our attention then turns to the next storm to potentially impact our
region Monday night/Tuesday, possibly lingering into Tuesday night.
23/12Z Canadian has come back into much better agreement with a more
northerly track as continues to be advertised by the 23/12Z
ECMWF/GFS. Given the current scenario, the storm will track from the
mid Mississippi Valley/lower Ohio Valley Monday night, then
northeast through Ohio into northern Pennsylvania by Tuesday night.
One of the main forecast challenges continues to be the significant
weakening of this storm system as it starts to impact our region.
Moisture looks fairly limited and forcing is not that impressive.
Putting it all together, moisture in the form of light snow should
make into southwestern NYS by the second half of Monday night, then
spread across areas south of Lake Ontario on Tuesday, possibly
lingering across southeastern portions of our forecast area Tuesday
night.

Chances for the better accumulating snows will remain toward the
NY/PA line. Would still not rule out low end advisory amounts across
the higher terrain well south of Buffalo. If the system tracks any
further north, will have to continue to monitor trends for any p-
type issues across southern areas as warmer air could make a push a
bit further north if this were to occur. As of now, still appears
any rain/snow mix would remain just south of the NY/PA line.
Otherwise, daytime highs on Tuesday will be mainly the 20s, with
some very low 30s possible across far western NY. As for lows,
expect single digits and teens east of Lake Ontario, with generally
low to mid 20s elsewhere.

5 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

sd1_today (1).jpg

This map is surprisingly quite accurate as it tough to get it that close but it looks spot on where as I have about 13-14" OTG so inching closer to the yellows, lol, and with Monday and Tuesdays event if it materializes we could be in the upper teens low 20's if any enhancement happens after the passage of the second SLP so we'll see. Thank God January is providing cause we would of been screwed otherwise but either way averages are definitely going down for 30yr avg's I would think.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

After the next couple events gfs is back to cutters and inland storms..

This is the exact track I need and we NEVER get it lol In the 90s it was a regular occurrence..One of these days..:rolleyes:

1335380887_2f969fc8-0c5f-4c1d-a9d6-75742

This is one of those tracks that if your smelling the taint ur close to mixing and your snowing at 2-3"/hr, lol! banding would be intense but of course its the LR GFS which means absolutely nothing at this juncture, lol!

• Haha 1

Just got the call that we got the house!!! Hopefully by the time we close on it winter will be over but if we close end of March/early April it’ll probably be a snowstorm with our luck! 

Looking forward to enjoying what BuffaloWeather enjoys instead of sitting 15 miles north staring off at the tall billowing gray clouds just to the south while I’m basking in the slightly warm glow of sunshine on an otherwise frigid day! 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Just got the call that we got the house!!! Hopefully by the time we close on it winter will be over but if we close end of March/early April it’ll probably be a snowstorm with our luck! 

Looking forward to enjoying what BuffaloWeather enjoys instead of sitting 15 miles north staring off at the tall billowing gray clouds just to the south while I’m basking in the slightly warm glow of sunshine on an otherwise frigid day! 

Congrats man!! Welcome to the triple digits club lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Congrats! I'm excited for you! What point of reference are you near?

• Thanks 1