track option would keep most snow south of the region. A
northward track in the low could also introduce mixed
precipitation types near the NY/PA border. At this time, went
with a consensus with the low moving near but south of the NY/PA
border and snow as the main ptype being on the northern side of
the low. Snow will likely spread across Western NY into Tuesday
night. Temperatures at 850mb may be cold enough to provide lake
enhancement south of Lake Ontario. The high to the north will
also keep most of the North Country dry through this event.

5 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

After the next couple events gfs is back to cutters and inland storms..

This is the exact track I need and we NEVER get it lol In the 90s it was a regular occurrence..One of these days..:rolleyes:

1335380887_2f969fc8-0c5f-4c1d-a9d6-75742

Would love a storm like that. Potential blizzard warning for that one.

• Like 1

I definitely think I picked up more snow off the NW flow then the West flow lol Temps were just a couple degrees to warm yesterday morning..A couple years back just south of Altmar picked up double digits from some"mexico bay" enhancement, seems to happen whenever we receive a multi band regime..

26 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

I definitely think I picked up more snow off the NW flow then the West flow lol Temps were just a couple degrees to warm yesterday morning..A couple years back just south of Altmar picked up double digits from some"mexico bay" enhancement, seems to happen whenever we receive a multi band regime..

Then stop rooting for W/WSW winds for Gods sake!

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

We get it. You're trying to make it look like the snow is so high it reaches above the camera....Do you work at the Rochester airport? B)

The airport seems to have tuned up their game this year. I cleared 3” off the board at 11pm last night. Then this morning there was another 2.5.  So I measured about 5.5 from this event and they measured 5.6. Pretty stunning considering the localized nature of these bands. 

Currently 6” on the ground as we came into this event with about an 1”.  Deepest snowpack of the year and we should hold it for at least 5-6 days!  

D4722607-5B06-4A5D-ADAF-326D6003B5C5.thumb.jpeg.d0587fb534b0345d968293340ca141d9.jpeg

47680BF7-CD9E-4E66-A115-EBE143E6B4C4.thumb.jpeg.421d15ef8de587b9fa8c1af0e115fdb8.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

The airport seems to have tuned up their game this year. I cleared 3” off the board at 11pm last night. Then this morning there was another 2.5.  So I measured about 5.5 from this event and they measured 5.6. Pretty stunning considering the localized nature of these bands. 

Currently 6” on the ground as we came into this event with about an 1”.  Deepest snowpack of the year and we should hold it for at least 5-6 days!  

Glad you guys finally got some snow cover there too. From the snowfall reports, it looks like north of Buffalo and then areas of the Finger Lakes (like Geneva) may still have grass showing.

I'm not getting my hopes up at all for synoptic snow this upcoming week. They have all been failures this winter, and not much has changed in the synoptic pattern to say otherwise. If it stays south it will be weak sauce...if it goes north it will be pull in warm air. Veeeeeeeery thin margin for decent snows.

Looking like a relatively weak and minor system around these parts Tuesday. Maybe 2-4” if we’re lucky. Green grass at my house in Amherst. We went and looked at a house in Derby (just SW of Hamburg) this morning and closer to a foot of snow on the ground there, it’s a whole different world. Put in a very aggressive offer on it so we’ll see what happens, should know by tonight. If we do get it, its definitely a better location for snow than Amherst. Probably pretty darn close to what BuffaloWeather averages. I would be about 8 miles Southwest of him. Average is probably somewhere between 110-120” a year compared to 85-90” in Amherst. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Haha well I did just pick 16" on a west flow the other day, most of that falling in a 6 hour window..I like Rates and I need a west wind for the best rates ;)

Give me the rates all day. It's been snowing all day at Holiday valley. Ski country has been getting slammed all week. Really need to head down there soon.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

The sun has broken through the clouds here. Temperature is 19 degrees. It looks like the jackpot was northwestern Onondaga County down through Marcellus and Skaneateles. They probably picked up some impressive amounts in the hills south of Syracuse. 

I had the 8.3" and .43 liquid. Pretty close to a 20:1 ratio.  Was at dinner last night in Syracuse and it was getting bad when I headed home.  Went snowshoeing at Great Bear park near me this a.m.  Finally feels/looks like real winter around here.