• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

4 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Models trending towards my thinking...don't get your hopes up too much on this one!  LP's going into WPA or SWNY flood the lake plain with relatively warm air..  and models don't handle that well.

So basically it goes back to us hoping for a southern track so we get an inch or two instead of a northern track that would give other locations a decent amount...but because of the lake plain, we will get mix/rain? Tough place for synoptic events, isn't it?

6 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Models trending towards my thinking...don't get your hopes up too much on this one!  LP's going into WPA or SWNY flood the lake plain with relatively warm air..  and models don't handle that well.

That’s always a shit track. Always. The warmth flies right up the lake plains

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

So basically it goes back to us hoping for a southern track so we get an inch or two instead of a northern track that would give other locations a decent amount...but because of the lake plain, we will get mix/rain? Tough place for synoptic events, isn't it?

Only with tracks like this.  We have had a dearth of southern coastal systems the last decade.

Also, if the antecedent airmass was colder, we'd have a better chance of p-type being snow...and that still may happen with the recent snows helping to hold the cold air at a deeper level to prevent IP/ZR...but, it is not a widespread deep snowpack.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Only with tracks like this.  We have had a dearth of southern coastal systems the last decade.

Also, if the antecedent airmass was colder, we'd have a better chance of p-type being snow...and that still may happen with the recent snows helping to hold the cold air at a deeper level to prevent IP/ZR...but, it is not a widespread deep snowpack.

Thanks. Yes, where are the coastal systems? It's odd hearing about the airmass not being colder, as it has been a cold weekend. Just shows how shallow the cold has been this year. Hopefully we can keep the Low south of NY/PA border. Most recent RAP also came north. Looks great for the Thruway corridor, but getting a bit nervous...about the points you have made.

sn10_acc.conus.png

Hope this jump is just the typical 18z nonsense. I’ll wait for the 0z suite before worrying about taint. 
It was about a 40 mile jump north with the 0C line. Brings trouble to the 5 and 20 line. My bigger concern is it would step on any enhancement the south shore could see. 
It’s ridiculous to be over analyzing this little storm and yet...here I am

1 hour ago, vortmax said:
  1. Doesn't sound very impressive here...lol

2-4 on top of an existing snowpack without a rainstorm in between sounds like heaven to me, haha.  I just want to build a base and hold it.  The conditions off piste at the local resorts are actually getting really nice.  A couple more small storms like this and the woods will all be in play!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

2-4 on top of an existing snowpack without a rainstorm in between sounds like heaven to me, haha.  I just want to build a base and hold it.  The conditions off piste at the local resorts are actually getting really nice.  A couple more small storms like this and the woods will all be in play!

I was referring to BUFs discussion. I'll gladly take this as well!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LakeEffectKing said:

I would normally agree but with this strong blocking up top I could see this actually trending south with time as it gets squished by the confluent flow. Not like we’re looking at a big hit either way though but would be nice to stay all frozen. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

I would normally agree but with this strong blocking up top I could see this actually trending south with time as it gets squished by the confluent flow. Not like we’re looking at a big hit either way though but would be nice to stay all frozen. 

Not a bad point.... It's also a weakening LP, which adds to your point.

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

That's a good point too!

20 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Primary definitely holding on longer on these 18z runs..

We will know if it's real or not at 0z.

Yeah, the Para GFS snow map looks much worse than previous runs for central NY. Any more north and we're out of the game. I wish we could just have a synoptic system where we didn't have to worry about it too far south to all of a sudden being too far north and warm punches and dry slots, etc...............

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yeah, the Para GFS snow map looks much worse than previous runs for central NY. Any more north and we're out of the game. I wish we could just have a synoptic system where we didn't have to worry about it too far south to all of a sudden being too far north and warm punches and dry slots, etc...............

Yep! I remember those first two cutters where Toronto scored and I said, “sometimes tracks get laid early”. It kind of fits with La Niña. But it’s too early to quit on this one. This is probably just a waffle. Euro is steadfast. I’m hopeful.