• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Just got the call that we got the house!!! Hopefully by the time we close on it winter will be over but if we close end of March/early April it’ll probably be a snowstorm with our luck! 

Looking forward to enjoying what BuffaloWeather enjoys instead of sitting 15 miles north staring off at the tall billowing gray clouds just to the south while I’m basking in the slightly warm glow of sunshine on an otherwise frigid day! 

Congrats Dev!!! Now if there were only some beach bars around there...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Your winters are goin to be much more active. What you get on average there. If I had to guess 75 80. 

About 85 if I had to guess. Haven’t kept records here and haven’t been here long enough to anyways. If KBUFs average is in the low 90s it’s definitley less here. Maybe even as low as 80 for an average here as I’m about 5 miles NW of KBUF. Should definitely be at least 25” a season more if not 30”-40” . 

1 hour ago, tim123 said:

Yeah I would say 100 there. Much more to the east into the hills. Think they average 130 140 east south east of hamburg

Right on the line of the 100-110” and 110”-120”. So I’d call it about 110”. Big improvement over where I am now which according to this map I’m squarely in the less than 80” a year. Yes you are correct SE of Hamburg definitley averages more (Boston) but there’s almost no houses there and everything we put an offer on we were getting outbid because the market is so insane there. 

0AF16B7B-8A98-4AAE-BE1E-AC43B196C5EE.jpeg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SyracuseStorm said:

Judging by this winter...February historial averages...love it!

Of course people in SE PA and MidAtl won’t like but they don’t have businesses relying on snow. It is simply their guilty pleasure.  I want them to hit big...:as long as WE hit big!;)

SNE shutout? Wouldn’t that be a change of gears.  Looks more like the kiss of death for us. ;)

Before we get too far past this somewhat awesome past week (depending where you live).  I think its a good time to point out what others around here often say, specifically BW.  A clipper pattern is really the best bet for us.  Some subtle low level moisture, arctic air, and the right winds and almost everyone around here wins.  Case in point, this past week featured two relatively benign looking systems (at least from a synoptic standpoint) which just barely clipped our area, yet many places ended up with their best snowfalls of the season.  It doesnt take much...  Good stuff.

I call this gif, 2 clippers 1 week.

2Clippers1Week.thumb.gif.a9b5e8036e6eeece6e47b87e364841f8.gif

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Right on the line of the 100-110” and 110”-120”. So I’d call it about 110”. Big improvement over where I am now which according to this map I’m squarely in the less than 80” a year. Yes you are correct SE of Hamburg definitley averages more (Boston) but there’s almost no houses there and everything we put an offer on we were getting outbid because the market is so insane there. 

0AF16B7B-8A98-4AAE-BE1E-AC43B196C5EE.jpeg

That map is a little off only includes years 1996-2003. Perrysburg/South Dayton/Chautuaqua ridge averages over 200 per year. Springville/Boston/Holland/Colden hills all average right around 180-200 per. The secondary snowbelts of Eden/East Aurora/southern orchard park hills are probably around 140-160 per. Hamburg is 105-125" per depending on what part.

10 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Noticed it was pretty quiet on here, so checked out the 00Z runs and now I know why. Another Binghamton Synoptic special?

The low gets shredded. Talking 1-3" max around our area. The next storm goes too far south. Then we get a parade of cutters. Doesn't look too good, but still some hope in the long range.

• Sad 1