• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

WxUSAF

GFS run was perfect in every way except slightly too far south with the upper level track.  We need to get the primary up into northern KY or southern Ohio and transfer to off VA beach...its simply a little too far south on this run.  But the setup is all there...and I would rather need a slight north adjustment to the upper level feature (assuming it is healthy) then a south one.  But I do agree with HM this is NOT a setup that argues for some huge north trend.  If we need it to trend north 50/100 miles the last 72 hours we are good.  If we get to 72 hours and its targetting NC its over.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

I'm waiting for the real CMC maps.  I can't decipher those Atari 2600 B/W graphics.    WOnder if it'll get good precip up to us.   The GFS is close enough I guess.

we have 150 hours to get 100 mile shift north

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

@PivotPoint I am sorry I was harsh with you earlier.  Something happened that has nothing to do with weather and I took my frustration out on you.  You didn't deserve that and I am sorry.  I should have explained my meteorological points without the unwarranted personal attack.   IMO the representation of the high is an effect of the amplitude and latitude of the trough not a cause.  

Considering you’ve spent hundreds of posts explaining what can and can’t go wrong you’ve been incredibly calm and rational. Safe to say you get a mulligan.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

#rightwherewewantit #northtrend

I know this sounds contradictory...but imo its all about the health of that upper level system in the Ohio valley.  If that is amplified enough I do expect some north adjustment towards gametime.  But I bet it goes one way or the other.  If the upper level wave is too weak and starts to shear out this will trend south...and end up not even that close.  If it is healthy enough to pump ridging in front it will amplify enough that it will trend north SLIGHTLY.  So long as its not a shearing out mess as it comes across my bet is it trends slightly north...but this isn't a setup that argues way north...if DC is being fringed we are good...if richmond is being fringed...uh oh.  But I don't see a close south miss with an amplified wave to be a high risk...this is either going to wash out and be a weak NC system or amplify and we are good.