• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

WxUSAF

1 hour ago, JakkelWx said:

I mean you should probably check his post history.

I mean, go ahead. Not sure what you're referring too? I have woofed for a good period twice and been a naysayer for three individual threats that didn't materialize. In truth, I think I've done pretty well this winter. I try not to weenie-out like many in here. Sorry about that 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wentzadelphia said:

On a serious note with the 50/50 location and the ridge being in an iffy spot want this shortwave to have as much latitude as possible as it tracks east. This way even if it bombs on the coast and heads east quickly it would be able to throw back moisture. What’s also allowed this to come nw a bit is that tpv in Canada shifting NW. The euro and gfs did this today, but cmc kept it too Far East. This one has good potential though. Well see

mentioned this yesterday, latitude latitude latitude, other factors of course, but good start on Icon. I have little hope here in philly, but would love to be able to chase to VA

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

sounds complicated...

yea everything is complicated when the base state temps of the northern hemisphere are this warm.  Truth is we've had several perfect track upper level features this year to produce some snow and a lot of them just did not.  Sometimes the problem isnt that we arent getting some 40" historic winter...those were always rare.  But its that winters with a pattern that should at least have produced like 10" are producing next to nothing.  

2 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

gfs might be better than its 6z run,. better heights ahead, of course it slowed down the first system so that might have an effect too, well see

Yea I’ve noticed a tendency to linger the Early week wave in the western Atlantic. Not thrilled with that. Was it always this difficult? Lol 

@PivotPoint I am sorry I was harsh with you earlier.  Something happened that has nothing to do with weather and I took my frustration out on you.  You didn't deserve that and I am sorry.  I should have explained my meteorological points without the unwarranted personal attack.   IMO the representation of the high is an effect of the amplitude and latitude of the trough not a cause.  

• Like 3