Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

January 8th event obs

13 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

It's torture I tell you

My in-laws live near there.  I just texted them and they’re annoyed that they’ve not seen a flake while I’ve got half an inch now.  :arrowhead:  They insist that there’s an anti-precip force field around PTI.

Snow has been gradually mixing with the sleet/rain at Concord/Harrisburg town limits.

Since Cornelius is all SNOW now, I'm guessing another 30-45 mins until mby is all snow!!

I now have nothing falling from the sky, but I managed to get a re-coating of the ground before it all stopped.  I'm not sure to what two coatings add, but I'm going to call it a grand total of 0.5 inch for this storm (which I now assume has ended IMBY). That's a rather disappointing result when the winter storm warning was for 2-4 inches, and all I managed were two separate dustings, one at 7:00 AM and another at 4:30 PM.  On the bright side, I did get to see it snow almost all day long, at varying degrees of intensity, but none greater than the 3:30 - 4:15 PM window.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BullCityWx said:

How long has it been sleet?

Better late then never?sorry for that delay. It had been sleeting about 30mins, but its been rain/sleet flip flop all afternoon.

Finally seeing wet snow mixing in more!!! How about iyby?

5 minutes ago, CentralNC said:

Light snow in Lewisville again after a 6 hour break.  It's been a while since we have had a more disappointing storm here.  I should have known better with these marginal temps.

It’s disappointing, but the bust factor is mitigated by the fact that only modest to light snow amounts were predicted. If a foot of snow would have been predicted, this would be an epic fail.

1 hour ago, NCSNOW said:

Youll get sleet 20-30 mins or so (cool column), then 15 min to complete flip. Its coming.

Nailed it. Sleet intensified for 30 mins. Flakes just started mixing in right @ 4:30pm. 1mi. ESE Elon.

Congrats on those getting in on the action this afternoon! Cheers to you all!

38.9 here
Brown grass as all the snow that fall is gone now!

11 minutes ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

It’s disappointing, but the bust factor is mitigated by the fact that only modest to light snow amounts were predicted. If a foot of snow would have been predicted, this would be an epic fail.

I hear ya, but NWS and most (not all) TV mets had us at 2-4 and I can't even say I got a trace today.  That's a pretty big bust imo

SLT/Snow in Gibsonville now

Also, do my eyes deceive or is the deform band setting up right over us? (1 Mile E of Guilford County line in Alamance)

Big flakes now. Coming down at a decent rate. Currently the moisture in Mooresville is coming from the north. Looking at radar out of Greenville it looks like it will end in the next hour or so. However if you switch to Roanoke or Raleigh you can see there is much more moisture upstream flowing this way. Therefore I’m assuming this will end in my area, not from north to south but west to east when this backend stuff starts to move toward the coast. 

Now I see a dry slot has developed from the state line above Roaring Gap down to Hickory. Hopefully that takes its time expanding.