• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 8th-9th threat

BullCityWx

Contrary to the 2009 upper low, the eastern Escarpment appears like it’s going to be colder from 900-950mb thanks to easterly flow causing adiabatic cooling. The eastern escarpment could jackpot in this scenario while places to the East deal with a thicker boundary layer and more questionable 850mb temps. 

It’s early but I’m liking the zone from northern Pickens/Greenville county in South Carolina up to hickory/wilkesboro and points west of there in NC for the jackpot zone if the ull tracks as advertised. 

timing also appears good for this area with heaviest precipitation occurring from 3am-10am or so. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Contrary to the 2009 upper low, the eastern Escarpment appears like it’s going to be colder from 900-950mb thanks to easterly flow causing adiabatic cooling. The eastern escarpment could jackpot in this scenario while places to the East deal with a thicker boundary layer and more questionable 850mb temps. 

It’s early but I’m liking the zone from northern Pickens/Greenville county in South Carolina up to hickory/wilkesboro and points west of there in NC for the jackpot zone if the ull tracks as advertised. 

timing also appears good for this area with heaviest precipitation occurring from 3am-10am or so. 

Kinda reminds me of the timeframe 2009 happened around Home. 

22 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

So what makes that NW shield stall and blank the triangle? Weird evolution 

Here is the 850 low and temperatures.  Warmth wins the battle on this run in E NC.  For S VA, it's a matter of the 50/50 low and it's associated appendages pressing down into the Mid-Atlantic coast that forces the wave to slide west to east.  Where do we go from here though?  Don't think we are going to see much in the way of more southward movement with the track and these things almost always tick north closer to game time, so

oXJjCmk.gif

• Sad 1

Just now, griteater said:

Here is the 850 low and temperatures.  Warmth wins the battle on this run in E NC.  For S VA, it's a matter of the 50/50 low and it's associated appendages pressing down into the Mid-Atlantic coast that forces the wave to slide east to west.  Where do we go from here though?  Don't think we are going to see much in the way of more southward movement with the track and these things almost always tick north closer to game time, so

K9gr4ii.gif

Exactly where I want it right now.

58 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

You just had to wake me up from the dead didn’t you? 

• Haha 1

Please- don't worry about how a Euro run only gives table scraps to the triangle. These are fun things to gawk at but right now I would focus on what the globals are good at (synoptic track and larger scale features). Overall, some nice trends today with the ULL continuing to nudge south. I will say, you don't want the vort to pass too far south, or else the best dynamics (and heaviest precip) stay to our south as well. Let's get a few hi-res cycles closer to the event under our belt before we start a pity party for the triangle.

• Like 4

• jburns unpinned this topic