Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 8th-9th threat

BullCityWx

5 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

I will take a hard pass on that analog.  See that downsloping area with no snow cover? That's MBY. Agonizing storm after multiple awful winters here. 

LOL yeah that was a raw deal for the immediate foothills.  With the 50/50 in place that shouldn't be a problem here.  Sfc temps already in the mid 30's before the precip even arrives per NAM

sfct-conus.png

31 minutes ago, Wow said:

It's a beautiful setup there with the ULL.  0z NAM is slower with wrapping up the ULL show the sfc low track is going to stay well south.  Should be a classic miller A track there.   I'm trying to find a good analog storm here.. perhaps March '09 with with a 50/50 low in place!

I was thinking the same thing today. Wherever it snows, it could snow hard.

3 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Also, TT shows a lot of rain where on WxBell it's snow. Looks wonky on TT for whatever reason.

Yes it's all how they are interpreting the profiles.

here N of CLT it's only marginal at the surface... a decent precip rate and it's all snow easily.. and based on the strength of that ULL there should be while the low is passing under us.

download-1.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wow said:

Nevermind the snow maps, the setup is there for a pretty widespread event for NC/VA 

Yeah, absolutely what we need to focus on. Everyone's just excited because it's been so long. WxTwitter going bonkers with huge dreams for the upcoming pattern and us weenies are hungry. We have a setup, details will follow of course.

• jburns unpinned this topic