• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

At this point I’m fed up with the explanations on why storms fail. I couldn’t care less about why. I just want one to succeed. And I won’t care why it did when it does.

Putting faith in any model, any enesemble beyond 5 days is foolish. I’m going back to my looking no more than 72 hours out. Eff storm chasing.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Isn't this winter #3 being snowless? I honestly only remember one storm here since 2016. 

2018-19 was "ok", but the one good storm was more DC and western burb centric. I had a total of 12" here that winter, which was disappointing at the time lol.

2017-18 was actually pretty much average here, 18" or so, thanks to being on the NW fringe of the bomb cyclone and also the March snowstorm.

2016-17 I think the total here was like 10", but 6 of that came again from getting in on the early Jan coastal scraper that was a big snowstorm at the beaches.

Complete suckage since.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

The futility thread captures some of this. In balt city we haven’t seen a verified winter storm warning snowfall since January 2016...

I feel your pain.  To the best of my recollection, I haven't experienced a 2" storm in my backyard since January 2016.  I was on vacation during the March (spring training) and January (Tucson trip following AMS meeting) events we had during the last several years. 

6 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Well see I had missed the whole mess in here...what happened? Lol

we aren't going to go into it now that's its been cleaned up and we have moved on. for those who do know and were involved, valid points were made and actions were taken to correct the issue. may not be the outcome some wanted, but its the choice i chose to make. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic