• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    blue sky vol
    Newest Member
    blue sky vol

January Discobs 2021

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Sounds awesome! Are they renovating in Davis? Along the river near the bridge and park?

Yep, the old grocery store (almost caddy corner across the street from Siriannis) is being tuned into a 3 story building with retail/commercial spots on the lower levels and residential rentals up higher.

Not the spot near the bridge, although the old worn down motel and restaurant that were there were torn down and moved away in November (finally).  The town should really be spiffed up soon.

4 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Yep, the old grocery store (almost caddy corner across the street from Siriannis) is being tuned into a 3 story building with retail/commercial spots on the lower levels and residential rentals up higher.

Not the spot near the bridge, although the old worn down motel and restaurant that were there were torn down and moved away in November (finally).  The town should really be spiffed up soon.

That is going to be a great addition to an already charming town. Congratulations on the new business!

26 minutes ago, jonjon said:

U had me at "spiffed up " . How far from Deep Creek?

16 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

U had me at "spiffed up " . How far from Deep Creek?

Its a straight shot down Rt. 219 from Deep Creek.  We're about 30 minutes from Oakland, around 45 minutes to Deep Creek.

• Thanks 1

To make an observation we've gotten close to 7" between yesterday and today's snow.  Back to winter wonderland.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Its a straight shot down Rt. 219 from Deep Creek.  We're about 30 minutes from Oakland, around 45 minutes to Deep Creek.

So if I do 85-90 mph...30 minutes from Wisp then :bike:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I’m probably 20 or so air miles south of you at 3400’ and there’s been almost nothing since yesterday afternoon 

Squalls man. Pretty crazy. Off and on all evening. Some heavy some light. So hard to predict

14 hours ago, mdhokie said:

Im just south of glendale rd and our cove is frozen. People were out there today ice fishing. Not sure how thick but it felt solid :ph34r:.

Nice to see the snow covered lake considering the disaster last winter was here (relatively speaking).  This winter has been good as we should have over 50” for the season by Wednesday.  We’re heading to Honi Honi this afternoon. :drunk:

27/SN and pretty, fluffy dendrites.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

Nice to see the snow covered lake considering the disaster last winter was here (relatively speaking).  This winter has been good as we should have over 50” for the season by Wednesday.  We’re heading to Honi Honi this afternoon. :drunk:

Mask and bundle up and sit outside! :snowman:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

Just spent 2 hours snowboarding. Great conditions out there today but had to get off the mountain once the crowds found their way to the back side. Seems like we probably got a fresh inch or so this morning. Honi honi for some beverages and football and a view of the lake and the snow sounds like a perfect Sunday 

• Like 1

Between this weekend and next, the ski areas are having a really nice stretch. I also imagine they’ll be plenty busy Wednesday w many in dc being off due to inauguration. 

whitegrass showing a depth of 15” at their 4300’ stake. And, yes, that’s all natural as they don’t make snow there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

3k hinting at snow showers Wed morning fwiw

Love your optimism, but 3k literally has like 2 specks of blue on the map east of the Allegheny front. This is like saying one of us has a chance of winning the lotto tonight :)

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Love your optimism, but 3k literally has like 2 specks of blue on the map east of the Allegheny front. This is like saying one of us has a chance of winning the lotto tonight :)

That's why I said hinting . It also is showing a streamer look which occasionally can be fun east of the apps .6z  Euro also shows the possibility.  Maybe it amounts to nothing but there's nothing else in the short term to track 

If you don't like the post just move on or ignore it . I don't get why u had to shit on it .

35 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Was nice to get a winter fix yesterday. Highly recommended for all the snow starved crazies on here :)

9463746D-BBB3-4A53-942E-960CC0767EAF.jpeg

That picture is incredible 

• Like 1

I need snowfan to take pictures for me...what a shot!

Here’s our 13 y/o Scottie enjoying the snow this morning. SN+ with over 2.5” fresh snow since last night. 43e6a2dad2e3a96ef2d591f41b9e5627.jpg

• Like 4

Had a snow shower roll trough in last 40 minutes, dropped 0.3". Least things are white lol! Still flurrying and 32.2/29.9. This past week feels more like winters past, flurries, snow showers, clouds and cool temps.