Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant upper middle Atlantic S/CNE mix/snow potential Jan 3+

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep, agree with you guys. The first half of January looked pretty tough from a ways out. The fact maybe some areas in SNE can score would be a bonus.

There is still potential to get the 1/4 system (or even the one after that) into a "December 5th but slightly better airmass" territory, which would obviously work. It would require squeezing e ULL just underneath us though.

I think even a Euro/GFS compromise might work on 1/4 for at least some of the area.

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There is still potential to get the 1/4 system (or even the one after that) into a "December 5th but slightly better airmass" territory, which would obviously work. It would require squeezing e ULL just underneath us though.

I think even a Euro/GFS compromise might work on 1/4 for at least some of the area.

I kind of hope even if it’s rain here, we flip to a couple of inches of paste. Would be a win. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

What's the 96hr panel look like

Both the GEPs and GEFs indicating the spread is pulling back WNW of the 96 and 120 hour positions... That's usually an indicator for what direction any correction is likely to go - ...I mean, not every time, no.  just something to look for as we wade thru the morass of people's effectively diminishing this threads potential to a laughability - wtf wow. 

I haven't seen anything to deter my thinking that NAO blossoms in tandem with the pattern's delivery from the West...that usually parlays to Benchmark activities given time.  So we'll see -

Keep in mind... we don't need to see a 977 mb low ESE of ISP to suspect a performing coastal event...  I feel like there's a bit of predilection to needing idealized set ups or hand throwing happens...  But, I'll take a wet 996 low just off Martha's Vineyard with mid level support moving white plains Ny to PSM, NH ...with -1 at 850 mb any day in January as a winter enthusiast... for a D5 model prognosis.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Meh. Marginal airmass with the ull over Josh Allen’s crib...nothing to see SW of BDL.

Hope 1/2 is slower to depart. It will help squeeze the ULL for 1/4 and give a legit chance to redevelop all the midlevels south of New England.