Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Cold Miser said:

Getting all too used to these crappy January's. Texas and Spain stealing our snow this year makes all more awesome.

But, maybe someone can post another graphic of how far ahead we were for the season back with the mid-December storm to make us feel all warm and fuzzy.

Hey, how about that 10mb wind reversal at 60N!!??

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

So... The pattern modeled the last 2 days showing changes os so drastic. How can any of you take any of this seriously and become so cynical? As fast as things have been changing, dont you think it could easily change back or we get something big out of a pattern that is so drastic? My guess is whomever has given up or tossed out this Winter already should with stop messaging their negative thoughts, or take them to the section where you could complain. It sucks for me to as I love the snow and tracking storms ( just bought my 7 year old a sled ), but the last thing I want to do is talk about foom amd gloom and everything is over. I feel like thos forum is full of a bunch of 12 year olds..lololol

You have the emotional comportment of a 9 year old.  It’s ok to discuss non snow if that’s what the data shows.   We all love snow but we also are grownups and understand sometimes it eludes us.  Life goes on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

LOL

I honestly never lost faith in 2014.....but I'm pretty close here. If nothing looks better next wknd, I'm probably cancelling winter, save for a March wild card.

It’s a tough pill  to swallow. I never had much hope for this winter which is why I went mild and dry. If it has ended.. to me it’s already better than last year because we had a snowy December and I much prefer that over late winter , high sun angle snows 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s a tough pill  to swallow. I never had much hope for this winter which is why I went mild and dry. If it has ended.. to me it’s already better than last year because we had a snowy December and I much prefer that over late winter , high sun angle snows 

I went normal to a hair below snowfall, but with a quiet January....so still on track. We should still get another 20-30".

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Any nudity in the patrol car?

Not yet but there will be during the next gtg.

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I went normal to a hair below snowfall, but with a quiet January....so still on track. We should still get another 20-30".

Canceling? You don't believe the models for next weekend and beyond ? 

5 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Not yet but there will be during the next gtg.

Canceling? You don't believe the models for next weekend and beyond ? 

If I get to next weekend still viewing morgue models ? It may be time to re evaluate, unless I'm wrong about Feb, which I do not think I am. Maybe if we are delayed, we can steal a few days early month.

What I honestly think will happen?

We grab a decent event over the next few weeks, and then we are far enough north here in S/CNE to stack on another 10"+ in February due to latitude. We probably score something in March...

You are probably screwed in February.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

So... The pattern modeled the last 2 days showing changes os so drastic. How can any of you take any of this seriously and become so cynical? As fast as things have been changing, dont you think it could easily change back or we get something big out of a pattern that is so drastic? My guess is whomever has given up or tossed out this Winter already should with stop messaging their negative thoughts, or take them to the section where you could complain. It sucks for me to as I love the snow and tracking storms ( just bought my 7 year old a sled ), but the last thing I want to do is talk about foom amd gloom and everything is over. I feel like thos forum is full of a bunch of 12 year olds..lololol

It sounds like you are intolerant and super triggered.

Btw it's a really nice day outside.

2 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

If you just believe anything is possible.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

It sounds like you are intolerant and super triggered.

Btw it's a really nice day outside.

Well.. Not at all. Actually I am a mild mannered and open minded person. To be honest, you're what I call a Passive aggressor. You like to push peoples buttons on here. I'm ok with it because I know what you are doing. What I dont like is how it could affect others. Anyway.. Happy to see your still posting your passive aggressive posts. I'm sure there might be one or 2 poeple who like you on here though. Lol

10 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No kid, no wife for the wknd in mid winter...surely great weekend of storm hunting.....right? Thank god for football,  so I can watch my HOF QB play for FL, where it will probably snow. 

At this point, just gotta pray that the Euro verifies and we get a big cutter mid month after the next two whiffs. Just cut your losses and get out of this moribund morgue of a pattern. It's like fuc$ing being stuck in the movie groundhog day....every day its 39 degrees with P sunny skies, slight breeze and a low around 25 with decrepit, petrified snow patches decaying at various rates. The neighbor says hi every day at the same exact time, and I just want to beat him senseless with a fossilized snowbank. Every night, we hear about how the SSW is underway,  and while the blocking is verifying a bit south of modeling, it is here. All of the cold is in Mongolia and the snowbelts of Japan,  but just you wait for that eskimo queef to propagate up his pant leg and into the arctic stratosphere. We get model runs that manage to offer zero snowfall within 300 miles of Boston, while offering up several shortwaves. At least one passing close enough to lure the usual suspects to ogle over how close it is....rinse, repeat. There isn't even any baroclinicity or thermal gradients....no....nothing. Even the fuc8ing Hadley Cell is gone. It's mother nature just filled the atmosphere spanning the whole damn Hemisphere with embalming fluid in preparation for old man winter's funeral. Just give me so much as a rain event so I can confirm the weather has a pulse.

Agree with much of this.. LOL

.but, the HC ain't gone  ;)  ...  The fact that the flow is speeding up is really more like a rebound and 'sort of' evinces that - or in the least is suggestive of so...

Anyway, I have been wondering if maybe the regime changing back toward a faster velocity deal .. might herald in with a lead event, but it's almost comical watching this keep happening, where x-y-z run by a-b-c model creates one ( there it is!) but no sooner, ...spends the next two cycles cleverly concocting means to deconstruct it's own creation - ...  As it stands right now, the lead-in to the faster regime is more consensus watered down to just being a cold front followed by 500 mb winds at Neptunian velocities ....